Feeling a lil blah =/

rocio27
on 12/3/14 2:21 pm
RNY on 11/12/14

I am 3 weeks post op today, and feeling a lil frustrated. I have not lost any weight this week, and have been following my diet to the tee. Does anyone know why early stalls are so common?

andy M.
on 12/3/14 2:55 pm - fairfax, VA
with

Its just your body readjusting its self to the new changes. Keep working the program and following your diet and your weight will come off, TRUST ME! Just keep your head up and take it a day at a time. I had a few stalls during the first couple weeks. What really helped me get through that was staying off the scales. When I first started I was weighing myself a few times a day, but once I hit my first stall it drove me crazy. So i went to weighing myself 1x a week and It really helped me get through it. I drilled it into my head that as long as I eat what and how much I am supposed to and do the exercise I am supposed to, then the weight will fall off. And it did, just as it will for you to! So keep doing what your doing. Make sure your getting all your water in daily, eat your proteins first during your meals, eat slowly and chew well, and take your vitamins and you'll do great!   ---Andy---

rocio27
on 12/4/14 5:54 am
RNY on 11/12/14

Thank u, I feel much better. And yes I def need to stay off the scale! lol ive been weighing myself every few days, but im going to stop and just weigh myself once a week. Because it is driving me crazy! thx again

yankeescl
on 12/3/14 9:36 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

I hit my first stall 2 weeks after my surgery.  It lasted for over 3 weeks.  I remember crying in my NUT's office because I was doing everything right, but not seeing results.  My advise is to adhere to your plan.  The weight WILL come off, trust me!  Just be patient with yourself!  Best of luck!

Poodlemac
on 12/3/14 9:52 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I'm the stall queen. It can be very frustrating. My doc said this is not a downhill ride. More like stair steps. Down a little, flat a little, down a bit, flat a bit. That helps me not to get too worried. As it turns out, he says I'm ahead of the curve, so it IS happening. Just not the way I guess I thought it would, but I'm HAPPY!!! VERY HAPPY!!!

rocio27
on 12/4/14 5:57 am
RNY on 11/12/14

Thank u ladies for your words of encouragement, they were much needed!  I'm going to relax and take it day by day...be patient! thx

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 58 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 303 views