Good Morning :)

Dawn W.
on 12/12/14 1:00 am

I received a phone call from insurance yesterday. I was told I should have an answer as early as today and no later then closing time on Monday! KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!

Dawn W.
on 12/12/14 1:04 am

DENIED ~ Just got my call :(

nelchina
on 12/12/14 1:35 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I'm sorry to hear that.  Don't give up.  Resubmit.

HW 285 SW (11/21/14) 268 CW (10/09/15) 188

M1- 24| M2 -6| M3 - 9| M4 - 4| M5 -7 | M6 -7 | M7 -6 | M8 -5 | M9 -5 | M10 - 3

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/12/14 1:36 am

So sorry. Did they tell you why you were denied? 

Dawn W.
on 12/12/14 1:46 am

I guess my BMI has not been high enough for long enough. Not enough stuff wrong to qualify. Ugggggggggg 😪

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/12/14 1:52 am

Doesn't make sense.  I don't understand why they make it so complicated for some to get it approved.  Don't get discouraged.  It will happen when it is meant to happen.  It took a long while for mine to get approved. My dr had to send it in like 3 times.

fatmackn
on 12/12/14 2:20 am - Adelaide, Australia
On December 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM Pacific Time, Browneyedgirl33 wrote:

Doesn't make sense.  I don't understand why they make it so complicated for some to get it approved.  Don't get discouraged.  It will happen when it is meant to happen.  It took a long while for mine to get approved. My dr had to send it in like 3 times.

For the simple reason of greed. They hope u will get discouraged and just accept their decision because so many people in this posish feel helpless, they don't care about saving lives or a persons quality of life, after all insurance is a business.  Appeal it and use a lawyer if need be

Dawn W.
on 12/12/14 2:05 am

Lots of family history but that don't matter I guess. My dad died from heart issues at 47. 

hollykim
on 12/12/14 5:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

unfortunately,family history doesn't matter to them because there is a 50% chance you will not inherit heart disease from your father. It is all about money in their shareholders pockets,it is a business,pure and simple to make money. They don't care about our health at all.

Lady_bugg
on 12/12/14 5:03 pm, edited 12/12/14 5:04 pm
RNY on 11/18/14

Just a thought from another perspective... My surgeon's office and insurance wanted to know the history of my weight issues, what programs I had tried in the past, how successful I was at each program, how many of them were medically supervised, etc. They also required a 2 year weight history. I was easily able to fill pages for them on the diet success and failures that I have had over the years.

Having the surgery is a HUGE deal and not intended for someone who hasn't tried other means. I am not saying this is you, because I don't knjow your story. But I can see how from an insurance perspective they would want to ensure that it is really necessary. Someone with a moderate BMI for a short period of time without other comorbidities may not seem to be a good candidate for surgery. There are so many additional risks with having the surgery that in my opinion it needs to only be used as a last resort. 

I would love to offer you encouragement and support in any way that I can. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views