starting on week 6 post op tomorrow....... Can I still be in 3 week stall period.....

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/21/14 10:03 am

ok so tomorrow starts week 6 for me and I haven't lost any weight in a couple of weeks.  I have lost a  total of 21 lbs.  Don't get me wrong I am very very thankful for the loss so far.  I am just worried I will stay stagnant.  To my understanding based on all my reading people tend to lose the most in the first 3-6 months so I guess I am kind of worried about the stall.

Just some background..... I am eating better getting more calories then before. Round about 600 a day. get at least 60 grams of protein in and almost every day get in 64 oz of water.  Some days I get a little bit below that but for the most part I hit the mark every day. 

I haven't started working out as much as I should yet because I am still going through the exhausted stage but plan on starting the gym at least 3 times this week even though it is Christmas week. 

Anyone ever go through this before?  I was hoping to lose at least 50 lbs in the first 3-4 mo.  I started out at 307 and would like to be at 250 in four months if possible. 

mschwab
on 12/21/14 10:39 am
RNY on 11/21/14

I'm four weeks out and hit the dreaded stall at about 1-1/2 weeks. Just started to see a small break in the stall today. Keep doing what you're doing.  The scale will eventually move.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/22/14 7:25 am

Thanks so much for your encouragement!!! :)

Poodlemac
on 12/21/14 1:02 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I am the queen of stalls!  I hit a good 3 week stall about week 4, maybe. It sucked. Doctor said it was to be expected and to think of the weightloss like stair steps- flat then down, flat then down. That's exactly how I seem to do. I have found that when I get out and go for a brisk walk with my dogs, I will drop the next day!  

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/22/14 7:26 am

Hopefully the walking will help me then this week. Thanks :)

fatmackn
on 12/21/14 1:49 pm - Adelaide, Australia

It's not ur fault, it's the bodies way of trying to hold onto bodyfat by shutting down metabolism through the thyroid gland etc. I used phentermine to pull me out of 2 stalls so far. Ask your doctor or surgeon for it and be firm, cuz if u don't lose any more weight in a few weeks time u might as well be discussing revision options already ie. longer bypass or duodenal switch

It's not a long term solution the phentermine but atleast it will get things moving in the right direction

The Salty Hag
on 12/21/14 9:21 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Wait, wait wait....you resorted to diet pills to pull out of a stall? Please be joking. 

Also, being stalled for a few weeks is NOT cause for a revision. 

I hope no one ever reads this and thinks this is a good idea, because it's the exact opposite of what should be done!! 

No one should take diet pills, and definitely no one who has had WLS should take them. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

fatmackn
on 12/21/14 11:37 pm - Adelaide, Australia

Wait, wait wait... you resorted to weight loss surgery to lose weight? Please be joking. You couldn't even lose the weight without proper diet and exercise? Wow some people take the easy road it looks like

For ur information, I was on 500 calories a day and 3 hours exercise a day which I guarantee would be more than you, so why wasn't I still losing weight then ms medical expert? mmm Go figure. Let me guess, I wasn't starving myself enough for your liking?

I bet u don't recommend anti depressants to depressed people either? Lets just get rid of the pharmacy all together then lols To many Tom Cruise movies I think

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/22/14 12:21 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On December 22, 2014 at 7:37 AM Pacific Time, fatmackn wrote:

Wait, wait wait... you resorted to weight loss surgery to lose weight? Please be joking. You couldn't even lose the weight without proper diet and exercise? Wow some people take the easy road it looks like

For ur information, I was on 500 calories a day and 3 hours exercise a day which I guarantee would be more than you, so why wasn't I still losing weight then ms medical expert? mmm Go figure. Let me guess, I wasn't starving myself enough for your liking?

I bet u don't recommend anti depressants to depressed people either? Lets just get rid of the pharmacy all together then lols To many Tom Cruise movies I think

Wow, sick burn!

If you can lose weight by diet and exercise, why the hell are you on a forum intended for people who've (pretty much) all had WLS?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

ladygodiva1228
on 12/22/14 12:25 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On December 22, 2014 at 7:37 AM Pacific Time, fatmackn wrote:

I would bet you a $100 that you were NOT on a 500 calories a day and exercising 3 hours a day.  I would love to see were you wrote down everything you put in your mouth and see just what your exercising consisted of. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views