Question for the ladies! :)

pghgirl
on 12/20/14 1:27 pm

Hey girls. I was just wanting to ask how your social/dating life has changed since surgery? :)

Sparkly Mama
on 12/20/14 4:20 pm - Canada

Hi, I found that I had more attention from men than ever. At first I was flattered, then I was bummed out that dudes are so stupid!! I have doors opened etc now where before I was like a non person, no one met my eye. It is definitely a head trip! What has your experience been so far?

pghgirl
on 12/21/14 12:18 am

Thanks for your reply! & That's great for you, I can imagine it is a big head trip lol. & I know it, guys are definitely so stupid when it comes to that. I've seen guys literally not talk to girls cause they were big but as soon as they lost weight, they were all over them. But, I'm sure girls do the same to guys. & My experience has been typical. Guys pay NO attention to me. I haven't had surgery yet so I don't know what my experience will be afterwards. That's why i was asking because I talked to one girl who actually said she regretted losing the weight because of the amount of attention she was getting from men. I was just wondering what everyone else was experiencing lol :)

GodsChildII
on 12/20/14 8:10 pm - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I am married, but I have been utterly amazed at how dropping the weight has increased the amount of attention that I receive from the opposite sex. I don't think my married social life has changed much though. 

pghgirl
on 12/21/14 12:19 am

I can imagine it's flattering! :) Thanks for your reply!

selhard
on 12/20/14 9:26 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Well, I never would have dreamed this in a lifetime, but my DD came home to report one of her guy friends said, "hey, I heard your mom got hot."  

pghgirl
on 12/21/14 12:20 am

Aw, :)  I bet that's a comment you never expected to hear lol

Rimabaqi
on 12/21/14 12:01 am

I am married...but it is amazing how I see my husband liking it....even from the first week....he is liking that I am away from all the junk and cap I used to be able to get. ...I think he well be happy for me. .lol

pghgirl
on 12/21/14 12:23 am

Aw, I bet he does like the new you :)  That's good that your husband is supportive and like seeing you succeed, I know personally a couple husbands who aren't supportive of their wives weight loss. So, that's great that you have that!  Thanks for your reply :)

Grim_Traveller
on 12/21/14 12:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Sorry, not a lady, but I've seen a lot of people come and go here on OH. Most of the talk revolves around how men react to you after surgery, which is an imporrant topic. Less obvious is how you react to them and their increased attention.

As with most large groups, a few patterns, or types become obvious. Some enjoy the attention, get an ego boost, new self confidence, and move on. Some get very angry that they never got attention before, and become a little bitter. A few get frightened from the attention, and become more withdrawn. And some shift into what one long-timer here described as full-on **** mode, and start sleeping with anyone.

There is a whole spectrum of responses, of course. And these different types seem to depend a little on age, and on how much of your life you spent obese. There's nothing wrong with being any of those types, none of them, or a little of each at different times. Just pay some attention to how you would like to react to that attention, rather than on who is paying attention, and why.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views