intense itching around staples

Mybratboys3
on 12/24/14 2:27 am

I'm 7 days post op and last night I started getting intense itching around my staples, the area around is slightly raised and red. I called the doc and was told to "buy some anti-itch cream to put on it and we'll see you Friday".  I have a low grade fever and I'm wondering if I'm allergic to the staples or something?? Anyone else have this issue?

Poodlemac
on 12/24/14 2:35 am
RNY on 09/26/14
On December 24, 2014 at 10:27 AM Pacific Time, Mybratboys3 wrote:

I'm 7 days post op and last night I started getting intense itching around my staples, the area around is slightly raised and red. I called the doc and was told to "buy some anti-itch cream to put on it and we'll see you Friday".  I have a low grade fever and I'm wondering if I'm allergic to the staples or something?? Anyone else have this issue?

A friend was allergic to the glue. Do you have glue on your incisions?

Mybratboys3
on 12/24/14 3:01 am

I don't think so , I think it's just the staples.

56sunShine14
on 12/24/14 5:44 am

It's not too uncommon to have the itching. Your incisions heal from inside out and your skin has been traumatised.  It can look red. I have the same issue after surgery and with the low grade fever. I use either Neosporin or hydrocortisone. Outta of 4surgeries that healed with these issues, only one was a mutually infected, that was my last knee replacement cement. I was indeed allergic to the suture material.  But I if you aren't sure, ask for the surgeon to look at it.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?