S'more Quest Bar (x-post)

QoftheU
on 12/27/14 4:55 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Happy (almost) New Year to everyone!

In great anticipation I ordered the s'more quest bar - and they arrived today!  So excited!

Until I ate one.  WOW.  Big. Fat. Bummer.  I can taste NO graham at ALL.  I can taste NO marshmallow at ALL.  Chocolate - yes, but if I want a chocolate bar, I'll get one of those.  Basically it's just sweet nougat and chocolate.  And kinda flavorless.

I'm so disappointed.

Anyone else try one yet?

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Browneyedgirl33
on 12/27/14 6:24 am

I have the coconut cashew one and the banana nut one.  I was really disappointed with them as well.  I didn't like the taste at all.  I feel like I have wasted my money on buying two boxes.  I didn't realize how your taste buds change.  I guess I will need to by only one bar next time.

QoftheU
on 12/27/14 6:32 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

I really like a number of them and they satisfy my craving my sweet, but the only way they're selling the s'mores is on their website - prolly to find out just what I told them... it sucks!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/14 6:30 am
RNY on 11/17/14

Try nuking it for 10seconds in the microwave. It really changes it. I haven't tried the s'mores one (yet).

QoftheU
on 12/27/14 7:13 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Thanks Holly - will give it a shot!

SnowAngel72
on 12/27/14 11:20 am
RNY on 08/06/13

I was disappointed.  I ordered a box on black friday and another on cyber monday. Imagine my surprise when I tasted the cinnamon.  I will have an asthma attack if I smell cinnamon so I steer clear of anything that might have it. The quest S'more's has cinnamon in it. Its all I tasted. Luckily I couldn't smell it but still its enough for me to be leery. You wouldn't think a S'mores would have cinnamon in it. I had two boxes the rest of the family get to eat.

HFA70
on 12/27/14 11:44 am

I have had problems finding a flavoured protein bar or shake.  Although i will grab one now and again,  my favourite is unflavoured powder.  I add it to oatmeal,  soups and stews, puddings.  I also add hemp hearts to my yogurts.  The Lean Shakes from GNC aren't bad when i'm in a hurry or for long car rides. 

Linda W.
on 12/27/14 11:55 am - Clearlake, CA

I love the Apple Pie flavor.  Some of the others have been disappointing for me.  Some are just OK.  But of all the protein bars I've tried, these are the lowest in sugar and carbs.  So many of the others are just candy bars disguised as healthy snacks.  I can eat one of these and not get hungry for hours.  And when I feel my blood sugar drop too low, these do the trick.  I keep one in my purse just for those occasions.  If you happen to find a flavor you like, it's worth the cost. 

Linda    
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?