First Christmas post RNY- overindulging

QoftheU
on 12/27/14 6:06 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

The only way we learn to avoid doing wrong things is to find where those bad boundaries are in the first place.  At about six months out I overate.  It was such a new feeling (being full) that I really honestly didn't realize what it was.  And I ate too much and puked.  And boy oh boy did that teach me a lesson.  Now I know what to look for and to really register my feelings.

Your pouch will naturally stretch over time - I've been over a year now and I know I can comfortably hold one cup of food.  Anymore and I feel sick... and I don't wanna feel sick!

Dumping - ya - I dumped for the first (and ONLY), time about a month ago.  As people say, there is NO MISTAKING if you're dumping.  It's either, "I think I'm going to die", or, "Dear God I hope I die".   REALLY - it's that bad.  Hours on the bathroom floor, the toilet, the sofa.  BF saying, should I take you to the ER?  Terrified him for sure!

My point being, yes, we're human and want to test the waters - so it's understandable - but now learn from that lesson.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

pflower101
on 12/28/14 3:02 am

Thank you so much. I have never dumped and usually on track. I think I ate too fast and didnt chew well. I had about cup or slightly one bite to much. For us RNYers, that can be overindulging I WILL NOT do it again and pay close attention during busy gatherings. I feel awesome now and my lil pouch forgave me