Surgery recovery: what are the first 2-3 days like?

Pokemom
on 12/28/14 11:45 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I really appreciate all these responses, the kind support, all the detail, and the large range of experience.  I appreciate the reminder that I cannot really know what it will be like for me.  but it comforts me to have a sense of possible experiences, so i can imagine myself in that position, managing it.  

This also has helped me to help my husband know what to expect. Honestly, his response to jy recovery is one of my greatest concerns. He is a truly giving and helpful person.  However, he is a real planner and likes to feel in control of his life--it is huge for him--it is how he deals with some of the emotional trauma of his childhood. So it helps him in a very deep way to know possible outcomes. And it helps our relationship if he knows it may be challenging for me, and in what ways, and how that might affect him.  Even with his best intentions, he may become agitated if things do not fit his sense of possibilities.  I have seen this happen before, and it can cause him to feel aggravated toward me since I am the one most intimate to him, especially at times when I am unable to contribute to "the plan."

So, thank you on many levels!  And thanks for your good wishes to me for tomorrow!