6 months out - not losing and blood sugar is rising

NYMom222
on 1/2/15 4:08 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I just googled "normal Blood Sugar after eating" It said 140 or below... so 107 sounds fine. If your A1c is fine I wouldn't panic, as that is a better measure of blood sugar and eating. If your A1c went from 5.8 to 5.4 doesn't sound like it is rising. I agree with Grim about journalling or awhile to figure out your diet and why you are not losing, Plateaus over a month are long, maybe you need to change up what you are eating.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Karen518
on 1/2/15 6:20 am

You have received some great responses above.  I just wanted to second the comment that it may be the steroids.  I recently received a steroid shot in my hand and noticed that even that caused my blood sugars to be elevated for a couple of days.  I was diabetic for 20 years before surgery (type 2), and have had very good sugar levels since surgery, but I watch simple carbs-and avoid steroids whenever possible.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/2/15 2:36 pm - OH

As the others have said, I am not sure who told you that a level of 107 after eating is high, because it isn't, and the part about it never being above 100 even after eating is just nonsense.  

Talk to your doctor (unless your doctor was the one who told you these things... In that case, seek out a different doctor (an endocrinologist as Grim suggested)!). You need accurate information so that you don't worry unnecessarily and don't try to achieve something that isn't realistic!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active