Coffee with protein

Bubbles314
on 1/1/15 6:16 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Does anyone know of a good tasting hot coffee with protein?  I liked the Chike coffee but it is cold.  Any help will be appreciatied.

NYMom222
on 1/1/15 7:24 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Most proteins can be mixed into ho****er if you make slurry/paste with them first with a small amount of lukewarm water before you add the hot. I also use Genepro unflavored protein powder (but it on Amazon) and it can be placed right into hot liquids and I have put it in coffee. The Ready to drink premier protein drink says it can be heated on their website and I add instant coffee to it cold to make a Mocha, so why not hot?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Bubbles314
on 1/1/15 8:02 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Thanks for your response.  I use to drink coffee anytime, until my Dr had me go caffeine free before surgery.  Then I didn't mind caffeine free but after surgery I just couldn't drink it.  The Dr just added the last menu this week, it includes coffee with caffeine, steak, lettuce etc.  Basically I can eat anything now that my pouch can tolerate within reason of course protein first.  Caffeine was one of the last hold outs on the Dr menu.  Does the unflavored protein powder have an after taste, I didn't care for unjury or syntrax unflavored because I could taste it. I have heard good things about Genepro flavor wise.   I know sounds picky but if I don't like the taste I won't drink it.  I can't drink premeir protein ready to drink, I have a milk intolerance, but I can eat cheese ? go figure.  Thanks for the tips though, may try it with another protein chocolate drink.  

Have a great New Year

SkinnyScientist
on 1/1/15 1:26 pm

Hey!  I am a coffee lover too.

I am just warning you...your pouch may HATE some brands of coffee post op.

For example, I loved any starbucks coffee black.  I dont know if it is the acid or what, but I get a painful nawing feeling that COULD be confused with hunger if i wasnt paying attention.

One coffee that doesnt give me that irritation feeling is Lavazza in the gold can from World Market.  It is a medium roast.

Also, the nawing feeling can be mitigated by adding full fat 1/2 and 1/2.  But that is hella calories..so dont do that too often.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Bubbles314
on 1/2/15 12:42 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Thanks, I think I am finding out that my pouch definately does not like certain brands of coffee.  It does not like the taste of any decaf.  I didn't drink it before surgery but now yuck.  I don't add anything to my coffee but I do like the caffeine.  

Skinny Scientist, Just wanted to say I saw the pictures you posted.  Very nice, you all look so happy.  Congrat's on getting married.

dale/Bubbles

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/15 9:28 pm

Costco's vanilla shakes are good in coffee.I used it as creamer.I would also add some pumpkin spice to make it a flavored coffee.I think it is trial and error. 

56sunShine14
on 1/2/15 1:33 am

I'm with you on Un jury unflavored!  I bought one canister and was given (gratefully) 2 more.  So, my first try out was in my coffee.  UUGGHHHHH!  Now, I am afraid to use it with anything!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

poet_kelly
on 1/1/15 9:17 am - OH

I assume you could make it hot, can't you?  Click is OK hot but not my favorite.  Or you can just put any protein powder you like in hot coffee.  I do that by mixing the protein powder with a little room temp liquid to make a smooth paste, then stirring that paste into my hot coffee.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

The Salty Hag
on 1/1/15 10:31 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I use the chocolate Premier RTD in my coffee with no problems. What I don't use in my coffee I drink separately later. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Bubbles314
on 1/1/15 12:01 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Thanks I'll try it

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 323 views