Just had #5 of 6 required appointments before we can submit to insurance for approval.

Doingrightin2015
on 1/14/15 8:29 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I just had my 5th weight management appointment of the 6 I have to have before we can submit to my insurance for approval. Ok, I lost 7 lbs this time. Was told today don't gain any weight but don't loss more than 2 lbs. That is hard, The not losing is easy, it's the don't gain that is hard when you can loss more than 2 lbs.

I don't want to mess up and have my insurance deny me because I lost to much to qualify. I have stuggled all my life with losing weight and gaining it back. The older I get the harder it is to loss and keep it off. I really think this tool will help me so much.

I'm praying that 2/9/15 I can go in without a gain and not losing more than 2 lbs. I will be devastated if my insurance don't approve me. I am praying we get this approved. If so, plans are surgery for the 10th day of March

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Pokemom
on 1/14/15 9:13 am
RNY on 12/29/14

At this point, you are playing the game.  I realized I was at that game point toward the end of my required supervised diet, too.  I was sooooo worried.  I felt like it was the $30,000 weigh in!  What if my weight was up, in spite of what I had done?  I know we are responsible for our behaviors, but all of us on this site know how sometimes things seem beyond our control--water retention, etc.

One problem I had was that I did not know how my own scale number compared to the scale number at the doctor.  For example, did I weigh x at home, but x+5 at the doctor's scale, just from them being set differently?  So throughout the last month, I really had no idea where I stood on the official scale.  So one bit of advice I would have for you is to know, right now, where you need to be on your own scale.

Then, to play the game:  I did not have an amount that was too MUCH to lose (at least they never told me so), but I definitely had to show a decent loss.  So during the last week, I really did everything I could to take off weight.  I have done juice fasts before, so I did one of those toward the end.  I also read some online forums about how wrestlers get to weight, and on the day before my weigh-in, I really monitored my food and liquids.  I think some of the wrestler advice for example, had you drink lots of water before a certain time, then nothing after that time except for small sips. The morning of the final weigh-in, I fasted entirely. 

I felt kind of dishonest in a way--I knew that the weight that would be recorded at the doctor's office was not my actual weight, but I wanted to be SURE that the insurance would approve my surgery.  It was a game, I decided.  The surgery was what I knew I needed for real success--this was all just for approval. 

Liquids do weigh a lot.  If you need to weigh more on your weigh-in day, drinking 16 oz of water right before weigh in will give you an extra pound!

Best to you as you work the system!  :-)

Doingrightin2015
on 1/14/15 6:12 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

Thanks, yes, they are are afraid that if I loss more than 2 lbs this month it might be hard to get the insurance company to approve me since because I currently don't have no co-morb issues to go with it. But you still have to show compliance with the program. Ugh. so I will have to watch the scales all month. The hard part for me is trying not to gain but yet show a slight loss. If I really try to be good I know I will lose. If I don't try to be to good I will gain. ugh!! I am going to do this. Yes I already plan on if I need to, drink and eat right before my appointment. Wear heavier clothing, heck I will put rocks in my pocket if I have too.lol

Doingitright2015

Pokemom
on 1/15/15 2:08 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I do have a friend who loaded her pockets with small weights.  :-)

Kathy S.
on 1/15/15 3:05 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Han Shot First
on 1/14/15 10:32 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I remember that feeling well!  I was just told that I could be denied if I gained, but they didn't say anything about losing too much weight.  I was sure worried about it though.  

If you're not already doing so, chart all of your food in MyFitnessPal or something similar.  You'll definitely want to do so after surgery anyway, so you can start a good habit now.  That way, you can keep track of your calories to make sure you're not going over, but also that you're not eating too few.  

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Doingrightin2015
on 1/30/15 9:33 pm
RNY on 03/10/15

Yes, I have been using myfitnessPal and love it. Have been slacked on it this month because of lots of things going on with work and the hubby has been in the hospital. The stress is actually causing a weight loss this month. I am watching the scale and have said that next weekend if need be I will go out and have a very good meal! My last junk food weekend. It will be hubby's birthday on 2/7 and my 6of6 appointment is 2/9. On another + note, I went to my PCP the other day as a follow up to a back issue and I had them measure my height!! I have been saying I am 5'8" and they measured me at 5'7". This can give me a little more on the bmi...hope they will make this change at the wls center and report that ht/bmi vs the bmi figured at 5'8".

Doingitright2015

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics