Question for the ladies

cspotrun
on 1/17/15 5:18 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I'm 6 months out, and with the exception of right after my surgery, have not had a period.  I am 43, but never in my life skipped a month, except during pregnancy.  Anyone else?  My next appt with doc is in a couple weeks but I figured I would see if anyone else had this.  I wonder if/when it will return?  Not complaining really tho LOL!!!

Karen   

HLen
on 1/17/15 7:07 am
RNY on 07/11/14

Sorry, not here... I got mine early.. On the day before surgery, but still clockwork like before... Would be nice to miss a few months :-)

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

NinaCanDOit
on 1/17/15 9:05 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Mine was a little off for the first few months (short, long, short), but still within the normal range, and it has since pretty much gone back to normal. 

I use an app to track it, so thats why I'm aware of the slight discrepancy in the beginning - but if I hadn't been looking so closely I likely wouldn't have noticed any difference. 

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Mybratboys3
on 1/17/15 11:07 am

mine went crazy right after surgery, the doc said the anesthesia as well as weight loss and change of eating habits will definitely affect it. Also if you're lacking in certain vitamins that could cause the body to think it's malnourished and you could quit having a period. This is from my ob/gyn

cspotrun
on 1/17/15 2:00 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

That's what I'm worried about...the vitamins. Although I take mine faithfully. 

Karen   

princessjess73
on 1/17/15 2:15 pm - Lees Summit, MO

Rapid weight loss and shift in hormones can cause absence of Menes with malnourishment. Estrogen levels are higher as well as estrogen is released in fat cells.

cspotrun
on 1/17/15 9:41 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

So you think it's a sign of malnourishment? 

Karen   

Chilipepper
on 1/17/15 10:53 pm

Hormones are stored in fat cells. When we have rapid weight loss it can through you out of wack.  6 months and no sign. You are 43. You could be in early menapause. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

cspotrun
on 1/17/15 11:55 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I was wondering that although my mother literally just went through menopause 5 years ago. And I have no other sympoms. No hot flashes, mood swings, etc. But hey maybe so. I know my hormones were way out of whack the first month or 2. Could be they sent me into an early menopause or maybe just taking a while to get back on track.  Thanks for your reply. 

Karen   

Mybratboys3
on 1/18/15 1:57 am

TO SEE IF YOU ARE IN EARLY OR REGULAR MENOPAUSE IT'S A SIMPLE BLOOD TEST THAT YOU CAN ASK FOR, BUT MY GUESS IS THAT IT'S THE WEIGHT LOSS :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics