muscular back pain ??

Mybratboys3
on 1/23/15 9:01 am

I'm 5 weeks out now and I've been having some muscular back pain (mid back, rib area) the last 2 days. I'm down 40 pounds and my stomach is getting smaller and I'm wondering if it's because my stomach isn't holding my boobs up anymore and my back has to ??? IDK maybe that sounds stupid, I really DON'T know why I have the pain but has anyone else experienced this? 

LittleMiss2013
on 1/23/15 10:55 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Muscle pain and back pain is very common. As you lose weight your body changes how it "carries" that weight and has to get used to the new weight. Wait until you butt starts to kill after sitting for like 10 minutes because there is no more fluff there to keep you comfy, lol. There is quite a few little "tweaks" here and there to get used to the first 6 - 12 months

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Mybratboys3
on 1/23/15 11:14 am

Well, I guess I'm glad to hear that it's common, LOL. So any advice on what to do about it? I've tried ice, bengay, heat. Do you think I should see about getting a muscle relaxant? Or no? How long will it last?

LittleMiss2013
on 1/23/15 11:19 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

If it's really hurting you, you can see about getting some pain medication from your Dr. Or try Tylenol. I personally have never found muscle relaxers to be very helpful at all, but everyone is different. Just time, rest, and pain medicine if it gets bad is really the only thing you can do I think. As for how long...again, everyone is different...BUT if it doesn't improve within a few days I would definitely mention it to your Dr and have him/her take a look and see what they might be able to do. Good luck...and try to rest =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Mybratboys3
on 1/23/15 12:03 pm

I really hate taking any medications if I don't have to so I'll hold out and see if I can't get my hubby to do some massaging LOL  It's painful but not debilitating .... I'll hang in there and see what happens. Thanks

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views