Got my Surgery Date and a GIANT surprise!

cspotrun
on 3/20/15 9:47 am
RNY on 07/01/14

great job!

Karen   

Missmandy24
on 3/20/15 9:54 am

Thanks for checking back in on me! 

Lady_bugg
on 3/24/15 12:46 am
RNY on 11/18/14

Happy for a successful outcome! 

Katie_Kat
on 3/24/15 1:23 am
RNY on 06/10/13
On March 17, 2015 at 7:10 PM Pacific Time, Missmandy24 wrote:

Its been 6 weeks since they sent off for approval. So Monday I called. Today they called me back and SURPRISE its a approved. haha. Wonder how long ago it was approved. Anyways they gave me my preop date and surgery date (April 27) and then asked me when I would be paying the 2995 "program fee". I was shocked by this. As I have obviously saved up for the time I will be missing work, my hospital copay, and for a little extra. Why would I not plan or save up for this nearly three grand fee? I wasn't told about it when I started with this doctor in Oct. They were going through a major staff change at the time and I assume it was accidently overlooked. But still. That's a lot to come up with and for what? A few support group option pre op meetings. And to keep the protein powder and vitamins at cost. What?! Anyways. I asked why insurance doesn't cover and she said that no ones insurance covers it because it is a program fee and a non billable expense. I also asked if this was a new fee and she said no they have always had it. So I asked my neighbor who had surgery in last july at this doctor and refered me there and she said she never heard of such a fee. So tomorrow I am going to have to try to call to other surgeons in my area and see if any of them accept my insurance and how I could possibly switch over to them this late in the game. :-( Anyone ever have to switch sergeons? Anyone else have this random fee? I don't even know what to do. Its aready been since last August when I began this journey and I feel so defeated and close to just giving up! I want this so bad which is why I am trying to puch forward but I almost feel like the universe is telling me no time after time.

Hi, this is a long shot idea, if you are real friendly with your neighbor and she had the surgery with the same Dr. that you are to have, perhaps your neighbor and yourself can go into the office, the neighbor can have them look up her info and see why she was not charged but you are going to be?

And go from there?    Other then that , I really do not know what to tell you, maybe put it on a credit card or see if you can do a payment plan?  

I hope it all works out for you...but I would definitely find out why someone else was not charged.

Katherine     

RNY 6/2013

S/W  256

C/W  126

Katie_Kat
on 3/24/15 1:28 am, edited 3/24/15 1:30 am
RNY on 06/10/13
On March 24, 2015 at 8:23 AM Pacific Time, Katie_Kat wrote: On March 17, 2015 at 7:10 PM Pacific Time, Missmandy24 wrote:

Its been 6 weeks since they sent off for approval. So Monday I called. Today they called me back and SURPRISE its a approved. haha. Wonder how long ago it was approved. Anyways they gave me my preop date and surgery date (April 27) and then asked me when I would be paying the 2995 "program fee". I was shocked by this. As I have obviously saved up for the time I will be missing work, my hospital copay, and for a little extra. Why would I not plan or save up for this nearly three grand fee? I wasn't told about it when I started with this doctor in Oct. They were going through a major staff change at the time and I assume it was accidently overlooked. But still. That's a lot to come up with and for what? A few support group option pre op meetings. And to keep the protein powder and vitamins at cost. What?! Anyways. I asked why insurance doesn't cover and she said that no ones insurance covers it because it is a program fee and a non billable expense. I also asked if this was a new fee and she said no they have always had it. So I asked my neighbor who had surgery in last july at this doctor and refered me there and she said she never heard of such a fee. So tomorrow I am going to have to try to call to other surgeons in my area and see if any of them accept my insurance and how I could possibly switch over to them this late in the game. :-( Anyone ever have to switch sergeons? Anyone else have this random fee? I don't even know what to do. Its aready been since last August when I began this journey and I feel so defeated and close to just giving up! I want this so bad which is why I am trying to puch forward but I almost feel like the universe is telling me no time after time.

Hi, this is a long shot idea, if you are real friendly with your neighbor and she had the surgery with the same Dr. that you are to have, perhaps your neighbor and yourself can go into the office, the neighbor can have them look up her info and see why she was not charged but you are going to be?

And go from there?    Other then that , I really do not know what to tell you, maybe put it on a credit card or see if you can do a payment plan?  

I hope it all works out for you...but I would definitely find out why someone else was not charged.

Didn`t read through all the replies before I posted my suggestion today , Glad it all worked out!!

EDITED to add:   Tell the billing dept or who ever told you about the fee at your original surgeons office, why you are leaving and be adamant about you know others that were NOT charged, and that is why you are leaving, etc, etc.         If it was me, and I know we are all different but if it was me, I would chew them out somewhat....But very happy for you!!

Katherine     

RNY 6/2013

S/W  256

C/W  126

Most Active
Recent Topics