What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 3/30/15 12:21 am

Happy Birthday Lily!

Emiepie
on 3/30/15 12:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Pupcakes-too cute! I have thought about doing yoga but am too scared to go to a class.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dodgergirl27
on 3/30/15 2:16 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hey Karen,

I do yoga, but for the most part I only do it at home on DVD, lol.  I love Yoga, but I'm not super coordinated, and I get kind of self conscious in class.  I will say that everyone gets pretty focused on what they are doing, so it's not like people are looking around the room and staring at you (well not after the first few minutes).  Still, for me, I feel more comfortable with my DVD's :)

I have to have this pupcake recipe!  I love it and would love to do something like that for my dogs!

karenp8
on 3/30/15 3:37 am - Brighton, IL

Peanut butter banana pupcakes

3/4 c flour--I used riuce flour because she has a problem with wheat

1/2 c milk

1 egg

1/2 c peanut butter

1 banana mashed

2 T honey

2 T olive oil

1/2 t baking powder

1/2 t baking soda

1/2 t vanilla

Combine banana,milk,peanut butter,olive oil,honey,egg and vanilla. Then stir in dry ingredients and mix well. Put in muffin find and bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Cool before frosting. For frosting mix1/2 c cream cheese and 1/4 c peanut butter and frost. 

AnnyBananny
on 3/30/15 2:35 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Karen, you should totally try yoga! I used to be really self conscious trying ANY class, let alone yoga where you're trying to turn yourself inside out, but like Shannon's experience - it seems like after a few minutes everyone gets into the zone and just does their own thing.  Look into what types of classes they offer - there can be a huge different between types - I usually think of yoga as relaxation and stretching not really working out so I go for "gentle" yoga or beginner - that type of thing. Good luck!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 3/30/15 12:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope you feel better soon! Hope you can get lots of rest!

Time since surgery:7 1/2 months

B: Skinny latte (made at home with soy milk), eggbeaters, spinach, and cheese scramble with a clementine, strawberries and blueberries

L: Quest cinnamon roll bar and a handful of trail mix

S: L&F Blueberry yogurt with chia seeds and a tad granola

D: 2 oz grilled chicken, black bean hummus and some carrots

S: Thin Addictives dark chocolate and banana and maybe a 2nd latte once I get home

Vitamins: Will start with breakfast

W: started

E: Stationary stepper at home and maybe a walk at lunch.

Totals: Cals:879  Protein: 68 Carbs:106 Fat 29.

Have a great day all!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 3/30/15 12:22 am

I need to find the Thin Addictives things.  Where do you get them?

Emiepie
on 3/30/15 12:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I find them at Savemart, a local grovery store but I also have seen them at Tuesday Morning too.

TracyLynn2BThin
on 3/30/15 1:31 pm

EmiePie, I thought you should know that your post for today's menu really inspired me - in a good way! I had my RNY 9 months ago and have been stuck in a horrible rut. Part of it being that my pouch still struggles with the harder protein- such as "chicken" and I had a bad experience with a hard boiled egg and have been scared to revisit it. I have made A LOT of progress though and seeing your menu and how well you are doing with your weight loss has really motivated me! I hope you don't mind answering how you make your "Skinny latte" and what is the serving size for your eggbeaters? Please feel free to "friend" me. It is great to have people so close to your surgery date. Your are doing great! 

♠ RNY 7/07/14 HW 320/CW 143.4 (09/23/2015) GW 150 ♠

Emiepie
on 3/30/15 1:46 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Ahhh, thank you for your sweet reply, I sent you a friend request. My skinny latte is espresso, one cup light unsweetened soy milk (steamed) and one of my sugar free torani syrup varieties (I might just have a slight collection of them that consists of 6 different kinds!) and my serving of egg beaters or egg whites is 3 tbls (25 cals and 5 grams protein.) keep up the good work :)

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views