OMG, I am freezing!

radze09
on 6/13/15 3:10 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

I thought I posted here......anyways. Surgery was the 8th. In the hospital my temp was fine. Came home Wednesday and have been freezing. Sleeping with 2 blankets and still waking up shivering. I check my temp all the time for fever, no fever! Got the heating pad out for warmth, what gives??? Other surgeries in the past have never left me this cold!

Kate M.
on 6/13/15 8:29 pm - toronto, Canada

I'm 6 weeks out and have been cold since the minute I got out of surgery, pretty much, except for when I'm in direct sunlight on a warm day. My partner likes it cool at night and often throws off the duvet, at which point I take the whole thing. I also sleep with a heating pad and wear a comfy sweat pants/hoodie combo. At work I use a space heater because they keep the A/C so low. From what I understand, as we lose fat, it will only continue as we lose insulation. Why it starts so immediately, seems to be a mystery.

May 1, 2015 - RNY TWH | HW 322 | SW 301 | Feb 27, 2016: 175lbs

christinerocks
on 6/14/15 4:16 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Happened / happens to me too! I'm only 10 weeks out so I am sure I'm not done with what I call these cold flashes.  

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

radze09
on 6/14/15 7:18 am
RNY on 06/08/15

Love it, cold flashes!! I was just telling someone the same thing. I went from hot flashes to cold flashes over night!

Mcconnl3
on 6/14/15 9:13 am
VSG on 09/15/14

Ive been cold since I've lost the weight. Is that normal?  It 90 degrees outside and I'm finally comfortable. I can't go anywhere without a sweater or light jacket, even in the middle of summer. I guess that's okAy now that my arms are all flabby skin.   Interested in what others are experiencing. 

Grandmaneice
on 6/14/15 6:17 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

I am 15 months out and this past winter I froze to death!  I wore like 5 layers of tops to work and sometimes wore tights under my pants.  Not as cold now, but it is warmer out, but still colder than everyone else.  They say it should get better in 2 years.  Now that menopause has kicked in, I get hot flashes every so often.

Kathyjs
on 6/14/15 6:53 pm

One of the very few benefits of being old. I pack up the hubby , dog and parrots and live in the southern most part of Texas. I just can't take the cold

Kathyjs
on 6/14/15 6:54 pm

In the winter that is :-)

selhard
on 6/14/15 11:57 am, edited 6/14/15 11:58 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

...sipping from a mug of boiled water, microwaving all-cotton socks a few seconds before wearing, keeping a hair blow dryer by the bed to warm up the bedcovers...BUT...the one thing that warmed me up the fastest and kept me warm the longest was doing things like vacuuming, scrubbing the floors, dusting, and other hard-core cleaning chores.  It took over a year before there was some relief from the freezing-feeling.

radze09
on 6/14/15 7:09 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

I noticed that too. Doing dishes today I got warm, but soon as I stop the chills come right back!

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 76 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 363 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 303 views