Am I strange??

radze09
on 7/28/15 2:53 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

Does anyone else feel differently about this weight loss journey compared to other attempts?? It hit me this afternoon! It is such a different way of life with all the up and down and learning to eat and function. Way harder then any other diet I have ever done, but yet I finally feel like I really can do this. Not the normal way you feel when the diet starts and you're all jazzed about it but a real sense of "awwwww". That's the only word or yet sound I can think of. It is so different this time! I love it!!

jeterway
on 7/28/15 5:58 pm

I felt differently about this weight loss journey because in my mind, it was my last chance.  I, like many others, had so many failed weight loss attempts in my life.  But I knew that this was a drastic step and was also my last chance.  I knew that if I could not be successful at this, that I was going to be obese for the rest of my life.  Prior to the surgery, I was so focused on getting through all of the clearances - it kept my mind occupied.  I viewed surgery day as the end of the journey.  But I very quickly learned that surgery day was really the beginning of the most important part of this journey.  The first couple of days are pretty rough to get through but the rewards for following your program to a 'T' are truly wonderful.  I wish you luck in your journey.  I am just shy of 6 years out now - down about 120 pounds.

Jennifer K.
on 7/29/15 11:57 am - Phoenix , AZ

I went into this knowing surgery was the LAST hope, the LAST thing that could help me (mind you this was 9 years ago, there are more options these days!)... I knew if I didn't make this work, there was nothing else to turn to it. I knew I would need to completely change my life in order to make it successful... the tool the surgeon gave me allowed me to do what I needed to do in order to lose weight and keep it off.

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Kathyjs
on 7/29/15 3:24 pm

I had the right mindset. I knew this wasn't just another diet where I would lose20  and gain 30. It's hard and I am almost 13 years post op

and a bit below my goal . Planning every meal never changes but when I zip up my size 8 blue jeans it's worth it. Food doesn't excite me , I many times have to remember to eat . The honeymoon period never ended forme. I don't  get hungry. Wish everyone had this

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views