Hello!!! Iam new here

peachpie
on 8/4/15 6:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

One thing you won't be on this site is alone! Welcome. I'm just over 3 months post op, so can offer some insight if you need.um married with kids too, and my hubby is obese. He supported my decision, but never comments in how I look etc. Each time we sit down to eat you'd think I never told him what I can and can't have. I don't feel it's sabotage, just genuine man cluelessness! My kids and siblings are totally supportive.i've only told people I know would support me and not make it thier gossip.

I've had 0 complications so far, you can see progress pics in my profile.

Welcome again!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

jazzNjoeywebb
on 8/4/15 10:26 pm - mission, TX
RNY on 09/22/15

Sometimes their man brain can be so frustrating! !!!!!!  I only have my immediate family because they live with me, ,, they haven't been bashing me or anything, ,, but they just aren't actively involved!!!! I can deal with that, ,,,, but iam really hoping they all get on the healthy band waggon!!!!!! I feel actually a part of something on here already, ,,the way everyone is so quick to welcome me! !!!!!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/4/15 7:30 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Hello and welcome.  I am 18 months out.  I come to this site every day, and I credit listening to the vets and the support (even when it feels harsh or strongly worded) with my success thus far.  I have a real life group that I also attend, but I have found online to be my best resource.

Welcome again. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

jazzNjoeywebb
on 8/4/15 10:27 pm - mission, TX
RNY on 09/22/15

Thank you so much! !!!!!

Emiepie
on 8/4/15 8:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hello and welcome! Wishing you all the luck :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

jazzNjoeywebb
on 8/4/15 10:12 pm - mission, TX
RNY on 09/22/15

Thank you very much! !!! Iam headed tomorrow for my heart stress tests,,, my insurance denied me, , but we don't want to wait any longer so iam paying cash!!!!! Only 1 more test after this! !!!!!!!

Pokemom
on 8/4/15 10:06 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Welcome here!  I love this forum, and I visit it every single day--sometimes more than once/day.  I have learned so much, and I know I can come here for support when I have specific questions.  My posts are ALWAYS answered by people on the site. 

There are many different personalities, but we are all connected by our common goals here.  So just regular reading here helps me feel connected to my goals and influences my thinking over time.  When I struggle with old habits, I can still feel like I belong in this group of fellow travelers, because I continue to be part of the group, even if I am not commenting.

My husband and family (and the friend or three I have told) have been supportive, but none of them are really like cheerleaders.  They are supportive more in a "we will not interfere" kind of way.  I am sensitive to not over-talking the weight loss surgery with friends/family, because I realize they don't want this to be the focus of our relationships.  So, this site is great--because here, we can talk about the weight loss surgery life as much as we darn well please. 

See you around!

jazzNjoeywebb
on 8/4/15 10:17 pm - mission, TX
RNY on 09/22/15

I already feel like I am going to thoroughly LOVE this group! !! Everyone had been so nice already and helpful and welcoming! !! I had visited other groups and noone would even answer me!!!!! My hubby just keeps insisting is not worth the risks,, he doesn't even notice how heavy i got, ,, and i was really thin when we got together because I was battling cancer, ,,,,, he's sweet and very caring, , i think he's just really scared something will go wrong! !!! Iam not worried about anything except keeping hydrated! !!! I have a really hard time with that now!!!!!! Thank you so much for the warm welcome

cc583
on 8/7/15 5:56 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16
On August 4, 2015 at 10:17 PM Pacific Time, jazzNjoeywebb wrote:

I already feel like I am going to thoroughly LOVE this group! !! Everyone had been so nice already and helpful and welcoming! !! I had visited other groups and noone would even answer me!!!!! My hubby just keeps insisting is not worth the risks,, he doesn't even notice how heavy i got, ,, and i was really thin when we got together because I was battling cancer, ,,,,, he's sweet and very caring, , i think he's just really scared something will go wrong! !!! Iam not worried about anything except keeping hydrated! !!! I have a really hard time with that now!!!!!! Thank you so much for the warm welcome

I knew you would like it here! It's awesome isn't it??

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Felicity Q.
on 8/4/15 10:21 am
DS on 09/28/15

Hello! Welcome to the OH community. I haven't been here long myself, but already LOVE the dialogue and support that is here. I can already see this group helping me achieve all of my weight loss goals through utilizing tried-and-true advice from the vets, as well as the fresh set of eyes from other new people! And sometimes of course, you just need to vent to people that know what you're going through.

I sent you a friend request too!  Just know that you are not alone!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 432 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics