Hello!!! Iam new here

jazzNjoeywebb
on 8/4/15 10:04 pm - mission, TX
RNY on 09/22/15

I didn't expect so many replies! !!!! Thank you for welcoming me! !!! 

Navychic
on 8/4/15 11:04 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Youre gonna love this journey! 

My favorite comparison, I say to my DH or anyone else who isn't overweight, is how long could you carry (Think of something heavy they can relate too, for me its my son at 45 lbs) before you are too tired and have to put it down?  15 minutes...maybe (two containers of kitty litters was the other comparison I heard...lol).  Well imagine us having to carry twice that (or more depending on your #'s) every minute of every day of our lives.  What a blessing this is to be able to travel down this path!!!

Good luck on your journey!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

jazzNjoeywebb
on 8/4/15 10:07 pm - mission, TX
RNY on 09/22/15

Lol lol that's a good way to put it for sure!!! My hubby is lean and athletic so he doesn't understand, ,,and honestly he doesn't seem to notice how heavy i got, ,,, we got together while I was battling cancer n bald,,,, lol lol so he really reminds me of shallow hal!!!!!! Thank you so much for the warm welcome

Thomas H.
on 8/4/15 3:20 pm - Saint Petersburg, FL

I can't imagine how hard it must me not to have your family support your decision, perhaps your husband hesitance is from fear. Maybe he is afraid you will get skinny and not want him anymore, we are odd creatures us humans. Remember you are doing this for only 1 person you. You have to endure the pain and stick to the plan after the surgery is done, perhaps after some of your family sees how happy you are and how well you feel you might change their minds in a few months. I wish you nothing but the best. This site is a great resource, plus look for support groups in your local area are well, there are more of us than you think. 

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

jazzNjoeywebb
on 8/4/15 10:11 pm - mission, TX
RNY on 09/22/15

I love the fact that already everyone is so nice and welcoming! !!! Lol I hope he isn't worried about anything like that, ,, I was very thin when we got together, ,, I actually had cancer and was doing chemo, ,,, i know it will be a struggle,, bit Iam prepared,,, I have had many major surgeries,, lol iam a vet!!!!!! It does hurt a little that they would rather me be over weight just to be like them  instead of them trying to get healthy! !!!! Thank you for the warm welcome

Navychic
on 8/5/15 5:23 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Its interesting to me, but I think my whole family is watching to see what happens...and getting more intrigued as I am more successful...  I know a few are considering it as well.  I want everyone in my family to be happy and if my way paves the road for others I am thrilled.   Did I mention I love this journey!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

jazzNjoeywebb
on 8/5/15 3:30 pm - mission, TX
RNY on 09/22/15

I think my family will follow suit.......lol they actually don't really have a choice, ,, my hubby supports everyone, so they won't have an option to buy anything unhealthy!!!!! My mom just insists that i dont get the surgery because she doesn't want to have to actually take care of herself. .....which is terrible because she's a diabetic! !!!!!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/15 12:29 pm
RNY on 09/14/15

I'm pretty new here too. just found out my surgery date 2 weeks ago and its in september. I too am trying to find people to go on this journey with. i have great support from family and boyfriend but i have very little friends to really talk about this with so if you ever want to talk I'm here and GOOD LUCK!

jazzNjoeywebb
on 8/5/15 3:22 pm - mission, TX
RNY on 09/22/15

I still have no surgery date and its driving me crazy! !!! It's must be very exciting to be at the finish line tho!!!! Are you nervous or anything? ? Have you had surgeries before? ?? Thank you for welcoming me here also! !!

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/15 5:12 pm
RNY on 09/14/15

I'm super excited and no surgerys for me yet... I had the camera down my throat buy that's all... well right now I'm more anxious then anything the time is going by soooo slowww but I think 1-2 weeks before I will feel nervous. I'm excited for a month off from work and my mom here for a week.. haha 

Most Active
Recent Topics