RNY post op dumping???? or just BM

kerbear1969
on 8/15/15 9:12 am - MD

I pureed a can of whole tomatoes, didn't realize it was full of sugar!!! EEEEK had it again today before reading this post so lets see what happens, I took 6 teaspoons pureed tomatoes, 1 teaspoon ricotta, shake of parmesan and nuked it for a few minutes, going to eat pureed egg salad later today 1/4 cup if Im lucky as well as TRY to drink at least one protein shake and of course water as best as I can.

RNY 8/6/15 HW 304 LW 124lbs RW 165 CW 140 Weight loss stats: Liquid Pre-op -35, August-18, September-12, October-11, November-18, December-16, January-12, February-10, March-11, April -8, May-11, June-5 July-5,August-6

Kathyjs
on 8/15/15 11:09 am

Lol if you have to ask if you are dumping , you are not. Congrats on surgery !!

Poodlemac
on 8/17/15 12:00 am
RNY on 09/26/14

probably just your first poop. Definitely doesn't sound like dumping. You'll know when you're dumping!  1000% miserable. 

ShebasMom
on 8/17/15 11:23 am
Revision on 07/05/16

No to dumping. The sweating, racing heart, nausea and when you feel like you're going to die, that is dumping.  One issue I noticed is that you're taking senna 2x day.  Senna is a "stimulant" laxative and is not meant to be taken for long periods of time.  A "stimulant" laxative will actually cause damage the lining to your intestine, creating a dependency on it, becoming the only thing that will work for a BM                     Since surgery, I've been taking Miralax, 3 colace and 500 mg magnesium oxide daily. If I miss a dose of Miralax, in 2 days I am suffering.

miss_moneypenny
on 8/17/15 12:07 pm

I had a similar reaction BOTH times I tried cream of mushroom soup.  I think it is just too rich for me still, so I have stuck to other creamy soups and have not had any problems with so far.

miss_moneypenny
on 8/17/15 12:08 pm

I had a similar reaction BOTH times I tried cream of mushroom soup.  I think it is just too rich for me still, so I have stuck to other creamy soups and have not had any problems with so far.

Most Active
Recent Topics