Feeling lopsided - is that weird?

Jeppa
on 8/26/15 10:01 am
Revision on 06/02/15

Hi all. I am about 7 weeks post-op. I had my band removed, hiatal hernia repaired and RNY. I've been doing good - all the usual stuff. I finally overcame the soreness, I'm getting back to active and I'm eating all the right stuff. It's been a slow process as far as weight loss, but I'm losing so I'm not complaining.  I've unofficially lost 30 lbs. to date, I say unofficial because I haven't weighed at the doctor for a few weeks - and that is the scale I'm using as a guide. But I'm happy with the 30 so far!

The one thing I can't seem to overcome is this feeling that my "insides" are lopsided.  

I'm not sure how to explain it other than to describe it in weird detail.  When laying down on my back, I feel normal. If I roll onto my left, I feel ok and don't really "feel" anything as far as soreness, etc.  When I roll to my right - that is where all this strange stuff happens.  When I roll onto my right side, I feel a pinch at the bottom of my incision, on the inside of my body (if that makes sense). I also feel like I have this lump of .... ??? something ... that is dead weight inside my body - that wants to fight my body and stay where it is rather than moving with the rest of my body.  - its' almost as if (stick with me here) I have an extra organ just floating out there inside my body that is banging around as I move. ... SO ODD!!!! But I only feel it when I roll over to my right side.  .. 

PLEASE tell me someone else has felt this before? PLEASE tell me my stomach didn't detach from the rest of my body and isn't just floating around in my body cavity??!!!! - - Ok, that last one was a bit far fetched and really feeds into my life-long habit of over exaggerating ;)  ... lol ...  but it gives you an idea of what crazy ideas are popping into my head!! 

I have my 8 week follow up next week and I'm sorta scared to mention this to doc as he might admit me to the psych ward. 

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

AnneL
on 8/26/15 11:06 am
On August 26, 2015 at 10:01 AM Pacific Time, Jeppa wrote:

Hi all. I am about 7 weeks post-op. I had my band removed, hiatal hernia repaired and RNY. I've been doing good - all the usual stuff. I finally overcame the soreness, I'm getting back to active and I'm eating all the right stuff. It's been a slow process as far as weight loss, but I'm losing so I'm not complaining.  I've unofficially lost 30 lbs. to date, I say unofficial because I haven't weighed at the doctor for a few weeks - and that is the scale I'm using as a guide. But I'm happy with the 30 so far!

The one thing I can't seem to overcome is this feeling that my "insides" are lopsided.  

I'm not sure how to explain it other than to describe it in weird detail.  When laying down on my back, I feel normal. If I roll onto my left, I feel ok and don't really "feel" anything as far as soreness, etc.  When I roll to my right - that is where all this strange stuff happens.  When I roll onto my right side, I feel a pinch at the bottom of my incision, on the inside of my body (if that makes sense). I also feel like I have this lump of .... ??? something ... that is dead weight inside my body - that wants to fight my body and stay where it is rather than moving with the rest of my body.  - its' almost as if (stick with me here) I have an extra organ just floating out there inside my body that is banging around as I move. ... SO ODD!!!! But I only feel it when I roll over to my right side.  .. 

PLEASE tell me someone else has felt this before? PLEASE tell me my stomach didn't detach from the rest of my body and isn't just floating around in my body cavity??!!!! - - Ok, that last one was a bit far fetched and really feeds into my life-long habit of over exaggerating ;)  ... lol ...  but it gives you an idea of what crazy ideas are popping into my head!! 

I have my 8 week follow up next week and I'm sorta scared to mention this to doc as he might admit me to the psych ward. 

I would not worry too much about the psych ward. I suggest calling the MD and not wait for appointment. Your peace of mind is valuable. You are probably not the first one and surgeon should have some thoughts about this. 

Best to you. 

Jeppa
on 8/27/15 7:53 pm
Revision on 06/02/15

Thanks everyone.  As luck would have it, my Dr.'s office called to reschedule my appointment because they did not realize it was the Friday before Labor Day - I suppose they want a 4 day weekend :)  .. he tried to pu**** to mid-september but I asked for earlier rather than later.  I will go early next week. I will let you know what he tells me!  ... it's so weird but there is no paid attached to it - just ... weird!

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

braebre0308
on 8/26/15 11:24 am

Omgosh...I am 5 days post op and have the exact same feeling. I have been debating about calling the doctor myself.

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.” -Theodore Roosevelt

newchris1
on 8/26/15 12:30 pm
with

I'm 4 weeks out today- I sleep on my side and have used a pillow between my legs to support my stomach since I had the surgery.  You are not crazy.

NYMom222
on 8/26/15 8:18 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Your insides are still healing. Doesn't sound like an emergency unless you are having pain. Personally I would just wait for my appointment.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views