How to develop confidence in yourself

Rosalie123
on 8/27/15 12:08 pm

Went to Lane Bryant to get new bras. After they measured me,  found out was a size 34 and they don't carry that size. I am elated but scared. i am 6 months out, feel good and follow my plan. How do you develop confidence in yourself ... that you can do this? I am so afraid that I will gain all the weight back!

RNY 2/24/15

tnysgrl27
on 8/27/15 12:58 pm

Feeling the same way!!! I think the important thing right now is that you are doing it. And the Victory is you never have to shop at Lane Bryant again!!  

boxtop2006
on 8/27/15 1:13 pm
RNY on 03/24/15

The lady at Lane Bryant told me it's time to shop at VS!!!!! LOL  I've never shopped there!  GREAT job keep up the good work, stay on plan and you will be just fine!!!!

Melissa

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

Felicity Q.
on 8/27/15 2:13 pm
DS on 09/28/15

What a wonderful NSV!  I can't wait to be tossed out of Lane Bryant myself! 

Go to Victoria's Secret and get yourself an awesome and sexy bra. Then whenever you wear it, it'll FEEL good and be physical proof and reminder of the hard work you've already done!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/15 3:15 pm

I think it is good to have a little bit of fear. So it stays in the back of our heads. But we do need to move forward. I am still working on confidence. It is not always easy. 

There are a lot of vets here who had kept the weight off for a long time. So that can give us hope if we follow what we are supposed to be doing. 

I guess now you will be going to Victoria Secret. 

Rosalie123
on 8/27/15 6:30 pm

Thank you to all ... Agree that fear is good. Agree ... Awesome NSV ... VS here I come!

RNY 2/24/15

White Dove
on 8/27/15 10:27 pm, edited 8/27/15 10:27 pm - Warren, OH

As 3Bassethounds said, it is good to have a fear of regain.  Getting too confident is what leads people off of their plan and back to overweight. 

Always weigh yourself every day.  Staying away from the scale because it can be stressful got me my first regain experience.  I was 30 months out and seeing my family doctor monthly for some reason.  So I decided to weigh only at his office.  The first month I gained three pounds, the second another three, then three more the third month.

Between June and September I had gained twelve pounds.  The scale came back out at my house.  I joined Weigh****chers.  I added more exercise.  It took a very long time to get rid of that regain.  Now I never go a day without getting on the scale.   I will never have confidence that the weight will not come back.  Keeping it off is a lifetime commitment.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

beachybikegirl
on 8/29/15 11:39 am

Hi White Dove,

I have a question for you, did you weigh yourself everyday during your losing phase?  I was doing that and was so frustrated if I didn't see that I was losing everyday, like the scale was determining my joy or despair for the day.  I had a friend who was 4 years post op say to weigh myself only once a week and record to keep from stealing the joy from the days I did not loose.  I actually could see myself weighing myself everyday once I hit maintenance but right now I have so much pressure on whether I have lost or not.  So just curious if you weighed yourself everyday while you were losing?  Or just in maintenance?

Thanks!

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

White Dove
on 8/29/15 2:08 pm - Warren, OH

I did but it did not bother me if I did not lose on any day.  I just wanted to be sure I did not go up and that I did not have to wait a week to see a loss. I also kept a graph of my weight and marked it each day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Rosalie123
on 8/28/15 7:01 am

White Dove ... Thank you for sharing your experience. I can see how that can happen. I weigh myself daily and plan to continue to do so. 

RNY 2/24/15

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?