Surgery date getting closer.

DWeiss
on 9/13/15 12:35 pm
RNY on 09/08/15

Walk, Walk, Walk.  It really gets things moving.  Especially your lungs so you don't get pneumonia. She did a hiatal hernia repair while she was in there and broke up scar tissue from a hysterectomy 24 years ago  I started my liquid protein yesterday.  My doctor has me between 75 and 90 grams a day and there is no way you get that from 3 one ounce servings of protein a day.  i read how all these people have problem with protein.  i take my 3 supplements a day  I have used premier protein as you get 30 grams in one shake.  Maybe I am crazy but I feel like I am drinking a chocolate milkshake.  I did have a drain while i was in the hospital but it was not a problem.  Luckily no foley.  Oxygen only when sleeping at night. I am 64 so my lung function didn't come back a quickly but once I started walking more and using my spirometer more that all chanted.  Good luck..

lagesch
on 9/13/15 5:20 pm

They are repairing a hernia for me also.  What did you drink that first week after  surgery. I did buy a bunch of premier protein shakes and I don't mind the flavor at all!

DWeiss
on 9/13/15 5:35 pm
RNY on 09/08/15

The first days in the hospital I was just on puree foods and popsicles.  I started the protein shakes on day 5 at home.  I do 1 ounce protein and one once fruit in am , then 1 ounce protein and 1 ounce veg for lunch and then one ounce protein and and 1 ounce starch for dinner.  Those are the guidelines fro my dietiiian.  I have been drinking two premier protein shakes and one muscle man protein.  I have only been on these for two days since my surgery was just last Tuesday. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/15 4:55 pm

I had the RNY three years ago this coming December,  I'm down 150 pounds total, but have been at a standstill for the past 1 1/2 years and still have 65-70 to lose. Discouraging yes, but knowing what I went though to have the surgery I won't give up. There are still some things I still either can not eat like celery because it makes me sick. For me the first six months after surgery were hell but it did get better for me.

im at the stage of trying to figure out how to start losing again.

Good luck with your new journey and your new life.