Victory times 3!

beachybikegirl
on 10/9/15 4:25 pm, edited 10/9/15 8:01 pm

I've made it to my halfway point, I'm in Onderland, and I'm just overweight now! It's very exciting, I've never lost 51 pounds in one go! It's a strange journey isn't it? It is so exciting to lose, yet so frustrating to not be at goal yet, I mean I still have 51lbs left to go. It is wonderful to feel so much better/healthier and even like myself in clothing now, but I still have those days where I feel incredibly fat and just want to hide. Speaking of hiding, I seem to have lost my invisibility cloak. Pre-surgery and at my highest weight I moved through this world with out many people noticing me and I kind of liked it like that. Now I feel very exposed with more interactions with more people and getting noticed more often.

Some NSV's

I keep having people at school commenting on how great my hair looks, seriously nothing is different with my hair! I kind of giggle to myself and think, Maybe it's that I've lost 51 lbs!

I made this incredible ice cream cake with my students. I teach cooking and baking skills and for birthdays I let them choose whatever they would like to make, so for this particular student we made this amazing ice cream layered cake, I DID NOT HAVE ONE BITE! It felt very powerful. I have made other baked goods post surgery where I have had one or two bites and I get a headache fast and feel terrible! So this time, not even one bite.

I believe many people echo this sentiment but seriously RNY was the best decision I ever made. I feel like this surgery has set right in my body something I could have never done on my own which exponentially multiplies my dieting efforts! (Although it is not a diet it is a new lifestyle but hopefully you get what I mean). Thanks for posting and commenting everyone, I get so much from everyone sharing here!

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

Queen JB
on 10/10/15 8:35 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Those are some great victories! Congrats :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

beachybikegirl
on 10/11/15 12:04 pm

Thanks Juniperberry!