Misery Loves Company

lbmg
on 12/22/15 5:59 pm

So they say "misery loves company" and this miserable soul is looking for company. I have to admit (repent?) that the last three and a half years of my "pouch life" have been pretty much handed to the dogs. I could give you all kinds of excuses if I wanted to but the truth is I took my pouch for granted. Admittedly, 4+ years ago even after surgery I could eat almost anything and not get sick. Even if I dumped, I moaned and groaned and threw up and still went on with the horrible behavior. Now the occasional binge and intentional ignorance, has led to me paying for it. I am about 100 lbs away from where I am supposed to be, when I used to only 35 lbs. away from goal,saddened by the gift I took for granted and perplexed because now that I keep growing in size, I no longer have anymore clothes I can fit into. Financially, I am not in the place in which I can afford a NUT again and I definitely can't just go out and buy a new wardrobe.

Normally I wouldn't do this (put my business out in the public eye), but I am DESPERATE to hear from anyone else that has taken their pouch for granted and successfully come back swinging. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE??? How did you get back on track? I will take anything that is given--advice or criticism! Thanks.

By: LBMG

Lap RNY: 10/15/2007

SW: 330 lbs.--CW: 206.4 lbs.--GW: 125 lbs.

LOST: 123.6 lbs. --81.4 lbs. to go!!!

birdiegirl
on 12/23/15 1:59 am

Yup - lots of us who have regained what we thought we "lost forever" .   

It IS possible to lose again - but it will take mental determination to get there.  In simple terms, eat less and move more.  For me, low carb is the only way to go if I want to lose and keep hunger and cravings at bay

Eat the RNY lifestyle which is protein first - veg second.  3 protein bites for every 1 bite of veggie.  Limit fruit to 1 or 2 servings max of low glycemic choices

Read Atkins Induction - google this and you will see what is recommended.  Follow this diet for as long as possible to get the taste and cravings for simple white carbs and sugars out of your system. 

Keep crap out of the house.  Or, at least have those you live with take it out of sight for awhile until you get back into the swing of things.

You will have to white knuckle the first week or so - then it will become less onerous.

You still have your pouch - it is still smaller then what you had prior to surgery and it is still there to assist your volume issues.  Don't graze - eat three meals and 1 or 2 snacks

Write it down - use an app like myfitnesspal to keep track of calories and carbs and protein stats.  Use it every day - EVERY DAY.

Concentrate - make yourself a priority.  You can do this but it will take time.

Good luck

(deactivated member)
on 12/24/15 5:37 pm

It's definitely better for me when I admit my food issues and believe me, there have been some!  Get back to what you know; tracking, weighing, counting, focusing on protein, etc. and you will be where you want again!  Our mind is our worst enemy in this struggle!  Don't let it win!  Good luck!

birdiegirl
on 12/28/15 11:38 am

Is it just me, or do other posters appreciate when the Op returns and either comments or thanks those who have taken the time to give advice?

Lbmg, you cross posted this on several forums on OH but did not disclose this when posting. If you had , I would have checked those posts to see if you received good replies.  ( which you did on the general forum ) You returned on another forum and commented or thanked for the advice but ignored the other two forums.

yeah I am a little cranky today.  I just find it bad form and one of the reasons I rarely take the time to answer various posts anymore. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views