virus

shester
on 4/13/16 11:42 am

A stomach virus has went through my family. I am 1.5 years post RNY and It seems like it hit me harder than before surgery I actually thought I was going to die. Has anyone else found it harder to get over a stomach bug,flu or whatever it was.

Kathyjs
on 4/13/16 5:34 pm

I get a flu shot every year. I knock on wood, have not had the flu since RNY . Feel better soon

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/13/16 7:33 pm

Yes. We make very little acid. If any. So if we inject the virus or bacteria - they can multiply in our pouch and intestein.  And since they will reach our intestein - they will multiply even more. More "bugs" - more sick we are and it takes longer to get rid of them. 

If the "virus or bacteria " sit in normal stomch - throwing up will get rid of some of them, while for us - one the food is in our gut - no longer coming up. So we dry heave...feeling like we want to get rid of our liver... It lasts and lasts... 

I keep activated charcoal (capsules) at home so I can use that. Charcoal absorbs and neutralizes the toxin, bacteria, viruses and acid. Handy to have. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

shester
on 4/14/16 1:19 pm

Thanks for that information. I actually have aome but diddnt know it. I will never forget it though. Better now just weak. The good new is I'm down 8 pounds.