A BIG shake packed with protein

Sunqueen15
on 5/15/16 10:50 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

I love to make shakes in my blender and was actually wondering if I could replace my almond milk with a premier shake to get the liquid but also more protein. I have to try this... do you think there would be an issue with drinking all this shake within an hour? I believe it will make about 16 + oz using ice to blend. Liquids aren't suppose to stretch your pouch, so as long as this tastes good, I might have found an easier way to ensure my protein intake! I've yet again hit another stall and I know its because my protein intake has been quite iffy. I'm never hungry! and pretty much have to force myself to eat. I've got the water thing down though...always have that in my hand!

ttfan
on 5/16/16 3:40 am
RNY on 08/15/16

you can, but your body can only absorb 30 grams of protein at a time, and that's what a premier shake has

Sunqueen15
on 5/16/16 4:27 am
RNY on 03/21/16

Really?? Bummer! Only becuz I was hoping to make the stinkin stuff taste better too :-) thanks for the info!!!

NYMom222
on 5/16/16 4:53 am
RNY on 07/23/14

While the '30g absorption' is what I was told also. I only count the Premier as 20g because it is not Whey Protein Isolate- the best absorbed type of protein for us. While I love Premier, when I rely on them heavily, my bloodwork comes out low protein. Just my experience.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

The Salty Hag
on 5/16/16 1:00 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I found this to be the case as well. I'd been drinking Premier for over a year. My dietician told me to find a better quality shake to help bump up my numbers. They were lower than they should have been with me supplementing.

I was taken aback because they're so heavily..ahem...advertised...lol that I figured it was pretty much the best stuff be could buy.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/16 7:03 am

I order my protein from Amazon and I get 'Allmax Isoflex' protein.  It's 27g per scoop with no sugar.  I have used the banana, vanilla, mint chocolate, chocolate, and the peanut butter chocolate and liked all of them!!!

Daffodilgirl
on 5/16/16 12:00 pm

Do you just add the protein in a shake or with food?

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/16 4:26 am

During the school year, I mix 1/2 scoop with some sugar free coffee creamer and stevia in a blender bottle, shake it, then add my coffee and coconut oil to it for like a morning coffee protein drink...then about 10:30am I eat some liquid eggs and turkey sausage or something like that.

During the summer, in the afternoons or when I don't have time for a meal, I use a scoop but I will add in other things like maybe unsweetened cocoa powder and mint or I've mixed in lots of the different Torani flavorings with vanilla extract or orange extract and vanilla or banana powder...and I use ice to make like a frosty-type consistency.  It can be like an afternoon ice cream treat!  I personally avoid using actual fruits and stuff because the calories and sugar content will go up like that so I stick to flavorings and protein unless I do coffee and protein.

Daffodilgirl
on 5/17/16 4:56 am

Thank you for the info! 

White Dove
on 5/16/16 8:03 am - Warren, OH

I never followed the 30 gram rule and had higher protein shakes all the time.

Before surgery I never said I am not finishing this Big Mac because I won't absorb all the protein.  I never had any protein deficiency.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 442 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?