Six week follow up

Cheremiste
on 5/18/16 3:19 pm

I had a triple threat today: saw NUT, nurse practitioner, and therapist!

According to their scales I lost 8 pounds since my 4 week follow up, so that's good. Total of 33 lbs since surgery.

The NUT is pleased with my progress. I moaned about food, namely that I'm starting to hate it. Especially meat. She gave me some recipes for things like pumpkin mousse, overnight oatmeal, and the like. I'll definitely try them. I need something different.

NP says everything has healed well and she cleared me for all exercise activity so YAY!

Bariatric therapist was nice. She says I need to go easier on myself and that at 6 weeks out I'm still so new. It's a common pattern with me: dealing with bipolar on top of all this, the low level depression doesn't leave me with much motivation yet my brain wants to accomplish things. Therapist was like, Go easy, you are just as worthy a person if you don't accomplish all your dreams in the next 6 weeks. 

It's hard to do when you've been one way for nearly 39 years, though.

Cheers to you all!

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

NYMom222
on 5/18/16 5:36 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

It is good to have that 'I gotta push through' attitude during the first year. Just don't beat yourself up. 33lbs in 6 weeks is great. I found things got easier after 3 months, and then easier again after 6 months. Part of the hard part is thinking so hard about everything. What do I eat? when do I eat? is it a half hour? Can I drink now?.... It does get easier.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active