Oh the pain

lizz122964
on 6/16/16 7:25 pm

Hi there, I'm 10 days post op and I thought I was dying after supper. I was eating strained cream of chicken soup. I got carried away and ate it way to fast. Then I took my crushed medication in no sugar added applesauce. The second the applesauce went down I new something was wrong. I got horrible heart burn and I don't know how hot my body got. I ran to the bathroom sat on toilet and was hugging garbage can. I was salivating and heaving but did not throw up. I also just had alot of gas. I had to go lie down with a cold compress. Then my hands became so itchy, I thought I was going to go crazy. Then I broke out in hives all down my arms. It got so bad I had to take benidryl. I obviously lived but man I never want to feel like that again. 

Heavens2Betsy
on 6/16/16 8:07 pm
RNY on 02/29/16

You poor thing!  Hang in there.  The first time I ate too fast and too much, I didn't quite react that badly, but it sure taught me that them folks is serious when they say eat slowly, chew well, weigh and measure your food.  What a pain I thought that was until it happened!  It won't always be like that, things WILL get easier!  But, for now, consider it a lesson learned and slowly enjoy each bit/sip as you learn to listen to your body.  At just 10 days out, your body is still trying to figure out what the heck just happened to it.  

Age: 55.  5' 8" SW 345 lbs.  RNY on 2/29/16 at UVA w/ Dr. Hallowell.     
Month 1 - 3/29/16: 319 (25 lbs. lost) | Month 2 - 4/27/16: 314 (5 lbs. lost) | 
Month 3 - 5/29/16: 303 (12 lbs. lost) | Month 4 - 6/28/16:  293 (10 lbs. lost)
Month 5 - 7/28/16: 289 (4 lbs lost) | Month 6 - 8/28/16: 282 (7 lbs. lost) |
Month 7 - 9/27/16: 278 (4 lbs lost)

lizz122964
on 6/17/16 7:39 am

Thanks so much for for your message. Yes definitely lesson learned. I will eat so and listen to my body. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/16 7:33 am

I'm very sorry this is happening. I know it will not help, but I always look at it like this. Your body is only now getting the "memo" that it has been altered. Even though we are aware of our decision to get the surgery for many months beforehand. Our bodies only begin to figure it out when things aren't working like they used to after the procedure.

I think our body will sometimes "freak-out". Imagine the scene in "Wall-E" when he's in the escape pod and hits all of the buttons at once, so everything on the pod goes off all at once. This is what our bodies will sometimes do. It will throw a fit. It happened to me. Almost verbatim to your's.

The crushed med stage was terrible for me also. It will get better.

Good luck.

lizz122964
on 6/17/16 7:44 am

Hi there, I like your comparison. My body totally had a freak out. What I like about this site is not feeling alone. Thanks for the reassurance. 

Most Active
Recent Topics