Three month surgiversary

Cheremiste
on 7/4/16 5:22 am

Hi friends:

3 months ago today, I was at the hospital ready to put on that sexy gown and cap. It's been a learning and growing (well, shrinking) experience ever since :)

Today's weigh in (237.6 lbs.) puts me at 64 lbs down from my highest weight and 53 lbs. down since surgery. I'm halfway to my ultimate goal of 120 lbs. lost. My sleep apnea has improved. I find it way easier to move around. Doing bootcamp is still a challenge but I imagine that will improve in time. I've gone down 4 sizes in clothing. I've shrunk 4 sizes in my band size for my bra (cup size is still roughly the same, maybe down a cup size). Yoga is easier.

My hair has started to shed, but I'll pick up some biotin later today. 

I have virtually no facial hair left.

It's all good.

As you all have read, the last three months have not been without struggle. Struggles with food, cravings, and emotions. But I'm learning to ask for help and I have a lot of support in my life, including these forums. I'm thankful to all of you for your patience. I'm still learning!

This weekend I had a barbecue to go to (family) and I managed to eat my protein and only one small bite of a seven layer bar. I was satisfied with that. I gathered with friends yesterday and there was virtually nothing I could eat (they ordered pizza) but I drank my water and ate when I got home. So, there's always a way around a difficult situation.

I'm happy so far that I've done this surgery and look forward to seeing how else my life will change.

-cheremiste

39 y/o woman | Height 5'11"| SW 301 | CW 233 | GW 175

chassibi
on 7/4/16 5:32 am

I just want to say how proud I am of you! You resisted temptation, and it's so difficult to do. Great job!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Ereiam
on 7/4/16 6:58 am
RNY on 05/16/16

This is so encouraging to read! Good for you!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

hollykim
on 7/4/16 9:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM Pacific Time, Cheremiste wrote:

Hi friends:

3 months ago today, I was at the hospital ready to put on that sexy gown and cap. It's been a learning and growing (well, shrinking) experience ever since :)

Today's weigh in (237.6 lbs.) puts me at 64 lbs down from my highest weight and 53 lbs. down since surgery. I'm halfway to my ultimate goal of 120 lbs. lost. My sleep apnea has improved. I find it way easier to move around. Doing bootcamp is still a challenge but I imagine that will improve in time. I've gone down 4 sizes in clothing. I've shrunk 4 sizes in my band size for my bra (cup size is still roughly the same, maybe down a cup size). Yoga is easier.

My hair has started to shed, but I'll pick up some biotin later today. 

I have virtually no facial hair left.

It's all good.

As you all have read, the last three months have not been without struggle. Struggles with food, cravings, and emotions. But I'm learning to ask for help and I have a lot of support in my life, including these forums. I'm thankful to all of you for your patience. I'm still learning!

This weekend I had a barbecue to go to (family) and I managed to eat my protein and only one small bite of a seven layer bar. I was satisfied with that. I gathered with friends yesterday and there was virtually nothing I could eat (they ordered pizza) but I drank my water and ate when I got home. So, there's always a way around a difficult situation.

I'm happy so far that I've done this surgery and look forward to seeing how else my life will change.

-cheremiste

good going and you can eat pizza toppings and cheese just fine.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/4/16 9:39 am

I always carry food or snacks in my purse.. Because I never know if there would be food I can eat. 

But - some pizza toppings - are an ok choice... Eat the toppings, skip the crust..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

JaxLiving
on 7/5/16 5:10 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

It sounds like you are doing great! Be proud of yourself -- you are really resisting the temptation!!!

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

Most Active