Got my approval

Eeyore8
on 9/16/16 10:55 am - St Louis, MO

My insurance sent final approval for my rny yesterday. So excited!!! Now just have to have my pre-op appointment to go over last minute things before surgery and set the surgery date.  

So who has any tips or advice for the last 2-3 weeks before surgery? Like best protein mixes or best liquid d diet items. 

Thanks,

Suzy  

54 lbs lost to date

Daniel B.
on 9/16/16 11:20 am - Mansfield, OH
RNY on 01/20/17

Congrats!  I look forward to this day as well.

Enjoy yourself and get ready to change your life.

Eeyore8
on 9/16/16 12:32 pm - St Louis, MO

Thanks

MTS31801
on 9/16/16 11:46 am

Congratulations! So happy for you! I've only tried Premier Protein shakes,  I understand that muscle milk is good too. Problem is all shakes are subject to your personal taste. The Strawberry's and Cream sound good to me. I would look at the recipe section to get some ideas. One thing two things I would stock up on is fiber products to keep you regular after surgery and I you can find some Beano. I have heard to prevent gas problems to take this before eating anything that may cause gas symptoms.

Eeyore8
on 9/16/16 12:31 pm - St Louis, MO

Thanks, I will look into these things. 

CathyV
on 9/16/16 4:40 pm

I was using Premier, will be again. Doctor wants his patients to use Celebrate or Unjury in the immediate pre/post op period. I'll go back to Premier once the Celebrate is gone though. Cheaper and tastes better. 

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175