Need some support

Rainbow83
on 9/22/16 10:12 am
RNY on 10/02/16

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for a bypass buddy! Have surgery October 2nd am nervous excited. 

What hints and tips has anyone got?

Thanks jayney xx

RJC5197
on 9/22/16 10:29 am - MI
RNY on 05/17/16

Welcome to you new journey

There are a lot of buddy's here. This is a great support forum from newbies to old vets.

Just let us know how we can help.

WW0747
on 9/22/16 11:53 am
RNY on 08/01/16

Hello. Congrats on the upcoming surgery! We all went through the same feelings of being nervous and excited. You will have tons of people who will offer tips along the way. You can search for various topics or just ask questions. 

Rainbow83
on 9/22/16 12:20 pm
RNY on 10/02/16

Thank you so much for replying.

I'm based in the UK and privately funding my procedure. I'm currently doing the liver shrinking diet, which I'm finding easier than I expected. I had my last blow out on Saturday, so my focus is full on surgery.

What is the pain like? Do you really feel full? I don't remember the last time I felt full xx

pammieanne
on 9/22/16 12:26 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Welcome! There's so much here to learn and so much support! You should check out the daily menu post, especially yesterday's, because it has a TON of advice for newbies!

You will EVENTUALLY feel full... but not like you do now. I don't like to feel full anymore, because it doesn't feel good. I wouldn't call it 'pain', but it's definitely not pleasureful. AT FIRST, for about 6-8 weeks, you won't feel any fullness. That's because your nerves have been cut and you are healing... don't try to eat more than you are allotted, and definitely don't try things out that you're not supposed to. You don't want to hurt your new pouch!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

WW0747
on 9/22/16 1:02 pm
RNY on 08/01/16

I didn't have any real pain after surgery. Everyone is different. You will have pain meds. so use them as you need. I learned not to seek being full. Full is miserable. Satisfied allows me to eat and digest. If I can handle more (which is not the case) then I can go back. This is a mental journey. The relationship you have with food will change. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/16 2:24 pm

This site is wonderful for both support and information!  As for pain,  I was really worried about that.  However,  I had no pain at all.  And I am a big baby with pain. lol  You will notice as you read other threads that everyone is different on pain and foods they can tolerate.  the major things to remember after surgery are: sip, sip, sip to stay hydrated ,  try to get in all your protein,  walk to help prevent blood clots and help with gas,  rest as much as you can. (among others).  Good Luck on your upcoming surgery!  Enjoy the ride!  

NYMom222
on 9/22/16 8:24 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

There are lots of old posts you can read through... I read through pages and pages when I first came to this site. You can search a specific topic using the little magnifying glass icon on the upper right...

The daily menu thread is great place to learn and jump in and get involved. I find it really helps to plan ahead... even if things change, it is good to have a plan.

Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Rainbow83
on 9/23/16 3:32 am
RNY on 10/02/16

Again, thank you everyone for replying! I'm going to have a thorough search of the website and read up for hints and tips.

I'll no doubt bore you all to death with my ups and downs. Have my pre-op today, so feeling excited about that, makes it feel more real. I also have to pay today, so that's a pain!!

Most Active
Recent Topics