Pre-surgery yo-yoing up and down! Grrrrr

Terri70
on 11/9/16 9:26 am

So frustrated but also know it's ok. I'm pre-surgery and on Saxenda shots (appetite suppressant) and Chantix (to help with quitting smoking). I know it's ok to have issues with all that going on, but it is still frustrating. My bariatric program only requires me to lose 5 - 10 lbs (which I have already done) so technically I don't have to lose anymore, but I was wanting to get down to about 252-255. I'm 265 now. I go down to 262 but keep yo-yoing back and forth between that and 266. I quit smoking cigarettes one week ago today and have found that I'm wanting to snack more. And healthy snacks are never near when I get the urge.

Tell me it gets easier! With smoking and with losing weight. Feeling really down right now!

Insert Fitness
on 11/9/16 9:46 am

I'm only 8 weeks post op, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But you are doing two really hard things at once! You're going to have to cut yourself a little slack! You are meeting your clinics goals, and working towards your personal ones. That's nothing to sneeze at! 

To answer your question, it does get easier, but there will always be some hard days. The key is to get the habits and behaviours in place to get you through a rough patch with more ease.

-you say you don't always have healthy snacks when cravings kick in, you can change that. Keep Jerkey, nuts, kale chips etc on hand. 

-make a list of things you can do to distract yourself from head hunger and munchies. Mine include coming here, checking out wls people on Instagram, trying new hobbies that require my attention. Make a list of reasons you're having surgery and quitting smoking.

-log everything. Even if you go over whatever your daily goal is. This was super important for me to start seeing patterns, and how I could break them

Good luck!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Terri70
on 11/9/16 9:59 am

Thanks. I needed that. I tend to be really hard on myself sometimes.

Teena D.
on 11/9/16 9:56 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Does Saxenda help?

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Terri70
on 11/9/16 10:01 am

I've lost around 15 lbs being on it off and on since August. If I were stricter and more into it, I would be losing much more. I have to get back into the groove.

One Bad Beach
on 11/9/16 11:31 am, edited 11/9/16 3:31 am
RNY on 11/28/16

One week!!!  That's something to be proud of.  Each day is a milestone when quitting smoking, but each week is a plane trip farther and farther from someone who smokes, right?  You should be so proud of yourself.  

I'm pre-op, too, so I understand what you're saying.  My goal has been to lose 30 lbs before I go in for surgery.  I'm at 29 lost and holding.  I am yo-yoing a little bit, so I feel ya!  I'm only one pound away, but I'm going in on 11/28 for surgery, so I've been a little down, but there are always those NSV's that keep me going!

I'm sure this will get easier.  Each day that you're a non-smoker is one more day that you've been a healthier you.  Each day that you're down even one pound less than what you were when you started is one more day that you've been a healthier you.  Keep your goals in your mind always and keep on trucking.  

Before you know it, this part will be a distant memory. 

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views