Cheated on pre-surgery diet- freaking out!!

MsKitty12345
on 12/1/16 11:24 pm
RNY on 12/05/16

I posted earlier in the week about struggling with my liquid diet.  Today something inside me snapped.  I was just so freaking hungry and I ate a chicken sandwich and two pieces of cheese.  It immediately made me sick, gave me diarrhea and vomiting, assuming since I haven't had real food for a week and a half.  Now I'm freaking out.  Obviously, I will go back to liquids 100% and won't cheat again.  Should I tell my surgeon?  Did I completely screw myself?  OMG, freaking out!!!!!

MsKitty...

Grim_Traveller
on 12/2/16 2:26 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Tell your surgeon. Being honest with yourself and your medical team is an important part of this.

Don't do that anymore.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

wannabesupermomm
y

on 12/2/16 2:35 am - New York, NY
RNY on 10/25/16 with

I agree, tell your surgeon. But if it makes you feel any better, I dropped the ball at some point and ended up being perfectly fine. In fact, I was complimented for my skinny liver afterwards. The liquid diet is such a test of strength, it's hard but you can do it! 

Mahalo F.
on 12/2/16 7:30 am, edited 12/1/16 11:30 pm

I agree that telling the surgeon is important.

The liquid Optifast serves many purposes.

"Why should we lose weight beforehand," ask some patients, "when we'll lose so much weight afterward?" The fact is, the heavier you are, the greater the risks you and your surgeon face. Clinical data show that using the OPTIFAST Program before weight loss surgery can help patients lose enough weight to significantly reduce health risks associated with various procedures. Moreover, the lifestyle changes patients learn as part of the OPTIFAST program help prepare them for life after surgery.  Self control will be key to your success after your surgery.

Some of the benefits of weight loss before surgery include

*Reduced risk for complications during surgery
*Shorter hospital stays
*Increased weight loss first year following surgery                    

* decreased bloating of intestines & bowel

You made a bad decision and admitted it.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  Your body sent you an obvious message... Get back on the wagon and don't ever step off it again...  

Good luck

Mahalo

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/16 9:56 am

yes, you need to call your doctor and yes, you need to re-evaluate your commitment to the program

-mother

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?