What would you do?

ladysunbeam
on 12/5/16 6:28 am
RNY on 06/22/17

White Dove that was my first reaction... I was planning to move at the end of December middle of January.  After attending the bariatric seminar I feel like I do need to strengthen my back muscles so I am able to walk farther for a faster recovery after surgery.  It takes the bariatric center 3-4 weeks before you get your list of what you need to get done for insurance to approve you for surgery.   I am leaning towards moving in the spring now.  

Thanks for your input!

White Dove
on 12/5/16 6:58 am - Warren, OH

The truth about RNY is that recovery is pretty easy.  If you can get up and walk around the living room, you will be strong enough to recover.  As the weight goes down, you will be able to do more exercise and get stronger.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Eggface
on 12/5/16 3:28 am, edited 12/4/16 7:28 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Losing 150# more after your 125# weight loss (awesome!!) would be beyond "results not typical."  

Waiting generally & statistically = loss of motivation, weight regain, physical and emotional health deterioration.

Go to Arkansas... your fitness level will increase post-op as more weight drops.

Bonus you will be close to family. 

Capitalize on this renewed motivation and CROSS THE ROAD ;) 

Wishing you the best!!  

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

ladysunbeam
on 12/5/16 6:31 am
RNY on 06/22/17

Thanks eggface!  At this moment my thoughts are to move in the spring once I have all my items checked off my to do list for insurance.  I don't relish the thought of moving in the winter months as we get so much snow and ice here.

Thanks for your input!

mb_11
on 12/7/16 12:16 pm

I agree - move ASAP. Don't wait. You seem motivated right now. Start packing! 

I don't know how to reply without including the quoted text because I'm so new here (surgery will be a week from today). But I wanted to encourage you.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/5/16 3:44 am

I would move. And move fast and work with the new team to have the surgery asap. 

The longer you stay SMO the more damage it causes to your joins and your body. 

If you are determined - and know you will follow up with a good post op WLS plan - don't wait. 

But...if you are not really dedicated - even if you have WLS - and you don't chsnfevwhat you eat and what you do - you will be back where you are now ... I know I few people like that - IRL (personally - in real life) who are as big as they were before RNY - except now they not only back to be SMO - but deal with side effects of WLS - malabsorbtion of vitamins and minerals. 

If you are really dedicated - and know "this is it" -go ahead and do it. If not - don't waste your time. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ladysunbeam
on 12/5/16 6:33 am
RNY on 06/22/17

Thanks H.a.l.a. B, I too believe a move is in my near future at this point.

Thank you for your input.

selhard
on 12/5/16 4:23 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Hi ladysunbeam, the more questions you ask multiple bariatric healthcare professionals, the closer you might get to forming your own answer what plan of action to take.  I am curious if you have, what they have said, and if you are leaning toward Missouri or Arkansas?  If you are inclined to stay in Missouri, you might be interested to know what I have newly learned-- some super obese patients have had a gastric balloon inserted to help get their weight down to safer surgery size.  My BMI was in the 60's and borderline if WLS would be safe.  I was able to lose 80 pounds beforehand making surgery "a go,"  but wonder if with the gastric balloon---that 80 pre-WLS pounds might have been 180 pre-WLS pounds instead.  (Fair Warning: you may read the gastric balloon negatively compared to the gastric band.  However, as a tool to use for a safer surgery is different.)

Teena D.
on 12/5/16 5:29 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'd go to Arkansas.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

supershopper
on 12/5/16 5:37 am

Personally I would move. Not saying you cannot lose another 150 on your own but it sounds like you need the tool to finish what you started on your own.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
Recent Topics