weight loss at a standstill

Ladytazz
on 12/9/16 7:58 pm

For some reason I can't edit my previous post but I meant to say dense protein, not dense carbs :)

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Eve1973
on 12/10/16 5:40 am

No worries! I totally understood what you were saying.  Thank you so much.

Donna L.
on 12/10/16 8:18 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Starvation mode is a myth.  If it was not then we would never lose weight, and neither would severely anorexic individuals be in life-threatening situations.  If you have any extra body fat (which most of us do) it is unlikely you will be starving for some time.  I mean, we all eat severely low calories pre and post op for months.  If we were going into starvation mode we would never lose anything - but we lose, right? :)

The body naturally fluctuates in mass because it is a dynamic system.  Hormones and moods affect weight loss, and gain, water retention, and a million other things.  You will stall and it is resume.

Water will help you lose weight, because if you are breaking down fat, that is how much of it leaves the system.  It can cause a stall to not drink adequately, yes.  

Also, the sad truth is that the smaller get the harder it is to lose weight.  At 750 pounds it melted off, now even at 300 it sort of sucks for me.  It is what it is, and any progress is progress!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life