Probiotics for rancid gas 1 year out

GentleDomenic
on 4/18/17 5:21 am - Canada

This month marks my 1 year surgery date and Things have gone great, lost the weight ditched the meds and all is good. Ok all not is perfect I have the worst gas smell possible it's behind normal and is unbarable. My surgery centre suggested probiotics to help. Anyone try this ? Any success?

supershopper
on 4/18/17 5:30 am

Hello

I think I would look at WHAT you are are eating which could be causing the gas. For me- sugar alcohols (sugar free) items do this to me. Especially candy, gum, etc.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

White Dove
on 4/18/17 7:05 am - Warren, OH

My gas was caused by the sugar alcohols in my bariatric vitamins. I read the label and found out they had sorbitol. I switched to Centrum Silver and the problem was solved for me.

Check everything you eat or drink for sweeteners that end in -itol.

Probiotics may help but getting rid of the cause is also necessary.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lykapal
on 4/18/17 7:08 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I second the sugar alcohols, but also processed carbs. If I have even one bite of mac and cheese while I'm cooking (to test seasoning) I have the nastiest gas smell. It's just awful. Dairy gives me stinky gas too. I'm currently trying to rule out lactose intolerance this week, I thought I'd end up in the ER last week from the abdominal pain so I'm doing an elimination diet. Good luck, I hope it helps!

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/18/17 5:21 pm

It depends. It may hel*****t..

The question is what is causing the gas? Constipation? Wrong for you food?

I had to give up some foods that my body can't digest even when I take probiotics, digestive enzymes, etc. No matter what I did - the gas was so bad that even my cat got out of the room. I had to drive with my car window open so I wouldn't die..Etc...

For me sugar alcohol (even the small amounts in chewable vitamins or SF gum), beans, onion, wheat or other grains (the more fiber the worse the smell) , plus cabbage, or broccoli. Most raw veggies gives me really bad gas. And pain.

I still eat some of it - but not 2 days in a raw, and not be too much.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MickeyDee
on 4/19/17 3:48 am
MickeyDee
on 4/19/17 3:49 am

Cut out sugar alcohols (found in most "diet foods" that need sweeteners)

Get Devrom, available online, chew two or three tabs and it will eliminate the odor, It doesn't stop the gas but you can stop blaming the dog.

Most Active
Recent Topics