Less common NSVs...

kyena
on 4/19/17 2:25 pm
RNY on 02/16/17

Hi forum,

I've been noticing so many obvious and less obvious NSVs recently that I wanted to share...

Obvious NSVs:

• Smaller clothes - I can fit more into a suitcase!
  • No seatbelt extender on a plane - also, less guilt about being the 'fat person' that other people dread sitting beside
  • Washroom stalls aren't a tight squeeze

Less obvious NSVs:

• Wearing heels all day doesn't make me want to die anymore
  • Participating in conversations about diet/exercise - I used to feel like such a black sheep when people around me would talk about these things, now I am comparing protein powders and people look to me with nutrition questions!
  • Seeing ads for sports things doesn't make me feel awful - I can shop for workout clothes and am considering signing up for a 5k
  • Finally understanding when other women complain about being cold all the time, it's true, I wish I was wearing gloves right now
  • Better skin and hair from better nutrition!
  • Keeping up with housework - vacuuming/mopping/dusting doesn't seem like an exhausting chore anymore

What about you?

2015: Jan. 16, Info session - Apr. 20, Initial Assessment - Jun. 4, Abdominal ultrasound - Jun. 26, Endoscopy - Aug. 4, Dietitian and Behaviourist - Aug. 23, Endoscopy #2 2016: Jul. 11, Pre-surgery 1 class - Oct. 24, Second Assessment - Dec. 7, Dietitian and Behaviourist 2017: Jan. 10, Pre-surgery 2 class - Jan. 17, Meet the surgeon - Jan. 28, Start Opti - Feb 16, Surgery! (Dr. Neville, Ottawa Civic)

5'11 -- HW: 318 (sz 24/3x ; BMI 44.4), Start Opti: 307 (sz 22/2x; BMI 42.8), Pre-RNY: 292

Since Opti: -81, Since RNY: -66

M1 -14 (sz 22/2x; BMI 38.8), M2 -14 (sz 20/XXL; BMI 36.8), M3 -12 (sz 18-20/XXL; BMI 35.1), M4 -11 (sz 18/XXL-XL; BMI 33.3), M5 -9 (sz 18/XL; BMI 32.5), M6 -6 (sz 16/L-XL; BMI 31.5)

cc583
on 4/19/17 2:57 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16
On April 19, 2017 at 9:25 PM Pacific Time, kyena wrote:

Hi forum,

I've been noticing so many obvious and less obvious NSVs recently that I wanted to share...

Obvious NSVs:

• Smaller clothes - I can fit more into a suitcase!
  • No seatbelt extender on a plane - also, less guilt about being the 'fat person' that other people dread sitting beside
  • Washroom stalls aren't a tight squeeze

Less obvious NSVs:

• Wearing heels all day doesn't make me want to die anymore
  • Participating in conversations about diet/exercise - I used to feel like such a black sheep when people around me would talk about these things, now I am comparing protein powders and people look to me with nutrition questions!
  • Seeing ads for sports things doesn't make me feel awful - I can shop for workout clothes and am considering signing up for a 5k
  • Finally understanding when other women complain about being cold all the time, it's true, I wish I was wearing gloves right now
  • Better skin and hair from better nutrition!
  • Keeping up with housework - vacuuming/mopping/dusting doesn't seem like an exhausting chore anymore

What about you?

Hi Kyena,

I remember just a short wile ago when I was able to put in my seatbelt in my truck. That was awesome! It's not just women who are cold from weight loss, I am freezing all the time too! Also, I feel the same way about the exercise as you. Although I'm not able to do much yet, I really want to and can't wait until I can.

Another nice NSV was being able to fit into my chair in my office.

I'm so happy that you are experiencing these NSV's! Go you!

Take care!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

CathyV
on 4/19/17 4:34 pm

With you on the cold thing. On the flip side of that, we live in the south, and I'm hoping this summer is not quite the hellish misery it was pre surgery, lol. Also, I got drove by daughters car for the first time since surgery. It's this little two door teeny thing. I always felt positively entombed in the thing, lol. Drove all the way to Kansas City in it last week very comfortably!

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

ScottAndrews
on 4/19/17 6:58 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

- Squeezing into that last seat on the subway

-Flo-
on 4/19/17 7:30 pm
DS on 04/11/16

Only needing one regular sized hospital gown

Most Active