Has anyone had this strange feeling ?

IceCreamDivorce
on 5/23/17 12:34 pm

Hey Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing fantastic today.
I'm having a *****ly pins and needles kind of pain on and around one of my incision
sites that just started yesterday. It's not a consistent pain, nor does it actually hurt,
It just feels like once in a while or so, someone sticks me with a pin and I jump because the feeling only lasts like a second. Until it happens again.
Now i experienced this shortly after my surgery in March and it went on for about 3 weeks or so. I dismissed it as being part of the healing process but now, i'm almost 3 months out and it's back all of a sudden.
I also spent the weekend nursing a migraine so I took 4 capsules of Tylenol extra. That's the only thing out of the ordinary I've done. I've searched the internet and I can't find anyone, anywhere who has posted similar symptoms.
Has anyone had this *****ly, strange feeling? I have my 3 months follow up in 3 weeks so I wouldn't want to schedule an emergency visit if
I don't need to. Oh.. FYI, it's on my right side under my rib if that helps :)
Once again, it doesn't REALLY hurt per say, it's just the discomfort of feeling like I'm being stuck with pins while knowing there are staples in my insides.

No trees were harmed to bring you this message, however, several ions were greatly inconvenienced. 

hollykim
on 5/23/17 12:37 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 23, 2017 at 7:34 PM Pacific Time, IceCreamDivorce wrote:

Hey Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing fantastic today.
I'm having a *****ly pins and needles kind of pain on and around one of my incision
sites that just started yesterday. It's not a consistent pain, nor does it actually hurt,
It just feels like once in a while or so, someone sticks me with a pin and I jump because the feeling only lasts like a second. Until it happens again.
Now i experienced this shortly after my surgery in March and it went on for about 3 weeks or so. I dismissed it as being part of the healing process but now, i'm almost 3 months out and it's back all of a sudden.
I also spent the weekend nursing a migraine so I took 4 capsules of Tylenol extra. That's the only thing out of the ordinary I've done. I've searched the internet and I can't find anyone, anywhere who has posted similar symptoms.
Has anyone had this *****ly, strange feeling? I have my 3 months follow up in 3 weeks so I wouldn't want to schedule an emergency visit if
I don't need to. Oh.. FYI, it's on my right side under my rib if that helps :)
Once again, it doesn't REALLY hurt per say, it's just the discomfort of feeling like I'm being stuck with pins while knowing there are staples in my insides.

it could be nerve regeneration, nerves cut during surgery repairing themselves. Happens a lot after plastic surgery. Called "zingers" cause that is what it feels like

IceCreamDivorce
on 5/23/17 12:45 pm

I just looked Zingers up and yes! that's definitely what it feels like. But all those women had breasts aug surgery. I wonder if any RYNers have had them.

No trees were harmed to bring you this message, however, several ions were greatly inconvenienced. 

hollykim
on 5/23/17 12:51 pm, edited 5/23/17 5:51 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 23, 2017 at 7:45 PM Pacific Time, IceCreamDivorce wrote:

I just looked Zingers up and yes! that's definitely what it feels like. But all those women had breasts aug surgery. I wonder if any RYNers have had them.

it doesn't matter what surgery. You can have zingers anywhere the skin has been cut. Nerves lie right under the skin all over our bodies. When the skin is cut in surgery the nerves right under it are also cut. It can happen with RNY

or toe surgery.

IceCreamDivorce
on 5/23/17 1:03 pm

Thank you for this HollyKim

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/24/17 1:05 pm - Burleson, TX

I agree! I have had "zingers" with abdominal, knee and shoulder surgeries

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

ScottAndrews
on 5/23/17 6:35 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

Right side, under the rib is where your surgeon spent a good part of your procedure.

Jackie S.
on 5/24/17 6:28 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/07/17

i agree that it is likely nerve regeneration. I have had the same thing after my hysterectomy and my brother still has a severe form of it in his arm that he messed up as a teen. And you are right... it doesn't hurt, really, it just makes you jump, kind of like an electric shock. Hope it passes soon for you.

Referral: NOV/16 Info Sess: DEC/16 OptiFAST: 3wks started May 17/17 OR: RNY June 7/17

HW:278 SW:252 1stGW:220 2ndGW:200 3rdGW:170 GW:150

Weight Management Clinic - Ottawa

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics