Vacation victories & updates

pr31
on 6/14/17 9:33 am

I've missed checking in but for good reason. We were away for 2+ weeks on a fabulous Florida vacation. Then since I've been back to work it's been nuts - you know how that goes. Anyhow...for the victories - I gained 5 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. I consider this a victory because I ate some really bad stuff and also I think some of it was fluid because I've already lost 3 of those pounds in less than a week. Even though I ate poorly, at least the quantity was still very small - Thank you Mr. Pouch! Another victory was when we were talking with a lady at one of the visitor centers in FL - she was talking about how hot it was and I told her I loved it because I was always cold. She looked at me and said "Well that's because you're so tiny." Who, me? Tiny? I couldn't believe it - I just said well I wasn't last year at this time. I actually celebrated by surgiversary while we were there.

Update - yesterday was my first day back to work and I was in a car accident on my way to work. I was stopped at a red light behind a big dump truck who decided he stopped too far in to the intersection. He didn't see me and backed right into me. I saw the back-up lights come on and thought WTH but couldn't get it in reverse in time to get out of his way. No damage to his vehicle of course, but mine had to be towed - hi****ch went right into my radiator. Good news is at least no one was hurt. I'm just hoping they can fix the car and don't total it. It's a 2007 and I cannot afford a new car right now.

Thanks for listening and I hope to be more regular on the forum after I get caught up a bit at work.

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Patty R.
on 6/14/17 9:46 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Most important, no one was hurt!! The weight will come off and you'll figure out some thing for a car.

Emiepie
on 6/14/17 9:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you weren't hurt, I hope they are able to fix the car.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

pammieanne
on 6/14/17 11:00 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Man, that stinks! At least hopefully the company has insurance and they can fix your car. I understand about not being able to afford a new one, and they NEVER pay enough for that they are worth to us especially if we don't have a car payment!

Hopefully your weight will come back down. I leave for vacation on Saturday for Cancun... I REALLY hope I don't gain any while I'm gone... but if I do, pouch and I will take care of it when we get back. So thankful for our tools!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

jenorama
on 6/14/17 11:09 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I hear you on the always cold! Our weather here has been up and down, but I think we're finally heading for a warmer trend. I'm going to Vegas in a couple of weekends and I can't wait for the heat!

I was in a car accident a couple of weeks ago. I was making a left turn and a guy had a seizure and rear-ended me super hard, continued through the intersection, hit another car and took out the left turn signal! My car is a 2012 Outback and I didn't know if it would be fixed or totaled, but they're going to fix it to the tune of $9100, plus $1100 for a month's worth of car rental. The car was the only one that was hurt, though--I was totally fine.

I hope your car can be fixed. I wasn't looking forward to making up the difference on whatever they would give me for my car and the price of a new one. Make sure you do some research and find out what your car is worth--don't let them lowball you with a Kelly Blue Book value. Find out what you could sell your car for in a private sale, which is often more than the straight KBB value, and hold out for that, but be realistic at the same time. If it's a business, I'm going to bet that they have pretty decent coverage.

Let us know how it turns out!

Jen

pr31
on 6/14/17 12:21 pm

Ouch - your accident was a whole lot worse than mine. I'm glad you weren't injured. My car really didn't look that bad, but I know how expensive repairs are. When the state trooper arrived he said it was a non-reportable accident because no injuries and the car was driveable. I said - Uh, no, the car is not driveable, hi****ch went through my radiator. I really do appreciate the police and all they do - I sure wouldn't want their job, but he acted like I was a real pain for wanting a police report. AAA wouldn't tow it without a police report number.

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

jenorama
on 6/14/17 2:40 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Good for you for sticking to it and getting a police report. The guy that hit me's insurance called me on Monday and said that they were denying my claim because they couldn't get ahold of the guy through phone or mail. WTF? The adjuster said that if there was a police report showing fault, then they could reopen the claim. So I picked up the PR yesterday and it plainly says he was at fault due to unsafe lane change due to a seizure while driving. Also, dude apparently has a history of seizures. Wonderful.

Jen

LoCoMama
on 6/14/17 1:09 pm

"Tiny"! I love it! :)

Sorry about the accident! You were right to insist on a police report, especially given the cir****tances. I'm not litigious and normally think people are too quick to sue; however.....you should think about consulting an attorney. Insurance gives you blue book but doesn't reimburse for time lost from work nor the cost of actually replacing the car. Seems pretty clear that the truck driver was negligent and his/her company and/or insurance should be responsible for "making you whole again". There's a legal term but I can't remember what it is right now. I've been in that position before and it stunk. It had such an impact on my life - stress, finances, missing work, etc. - and the driver walked away w/no consequence. Apparently it still drives me nuts!!

Glad you weren't hurt!! Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 401 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 391 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 284 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 183 views