Feeling Like A Failure

hollykim
on 12/13/17 7:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 12, 2017 at 7:13 PM Pacific Time, WantingToGetThere wrote:

Hello everyone, I am a new poster here. I got my roux en y done in July, so I am 6 months out. I have been suffering some depression the recent months. I started out last year at 356 pounds, my heaviest I ever weighed, I am now down to 265-270, it varies. I am having a hard time now with eating and I feel like I have given up and am not caring anymore about what I eat. I also feel like I eat so much that my pouch has stretched and now the surgery was a complete waste and there's no going back. I just feel like I have failed and I'm wanting to hear that it is still possible to lose, I have been stuck at 270 for about 3 months and it just feels so discouraging and I've given up on the whole diet and exercise. I'm 24 years old and I just feel like I had a chance and it's gone. Is it possible for the pouch to stretch out that much in this small amount of time? I also feel like I can eat way more than I should. I just need some help. Thank you.

you can get back on track. There is a back on track group,under groups ,on this site.

The most important and hardest thing you have to do is detox from the carbs sugar and soda.

It has to be cold turkey. The first week will be hell but after that you will feel much much better.

You need to eat protein and very few green non starchy vegetables. Plus eggs and cheese. That is about it. Meat,chicken,tuna,pork,canned meats exclusively.

Drink as much calorie free liquids as possible and take your vitamins.

You can lose as much more weight as you choose with this method.

I would also see my pcp for an antidepressant. Hormones are stored in fat and as we began to lose weight,the stored hormones flood out system and can cause depression,sadness or anger,in some cases. I was a ***** in my early days,from the hormone flood.

Hang in there and do theses things and it will work out for you.

kalkidan62003
on 1/7/18 11:43 am
VSG on 12/26/17

Have you always had depression? When I went through the weight loss process, I had to see the main therapist and she denied me 3 times before she finally approved me. I also had to lose a certain amount of weight and take my vitamins. You put in the work to get this far. Don't mess it up simply because you don't know how to cope without food. Go see a therapist if you feel like you need it. Talk to your doctor's and ask them for help, that's what they'e there for. Cry if you need to. Scream, whatever. If you have friends, talk to them. Go enjoy life. I hope you get what you need.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views