What's on your New Year's Day menu RNY'ers?

Teena D.
on 1/1/18 5:51 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Hope you can quickly kick that cold to the curb Julia!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

MsTwinkles
on 1/1/18 5:57 am
RNY on 01/16/17

Good Morning and Happy New Year Everyone,

It's 19 degrees F here in my part of Virginia right now. Brrrr ... no real plans to go outside more than necessary today!

QOTD: I'm so grateful for the renewed good health and level of energy I've been able to realize since having had RNY nearly a year ago. I am no longer in self-imposed social exile and am enjoying a full life. My husband and I found a new church family/faith community within the past six months, which has allowed us to celebrate our spirituality together.

Menu:

B: Cottage cheese

L: Chicken enchilada filling with cheese (no tortilla)

D: More chicken and black eyed peas

S: String cheese

Kathy1212
on 1/1/18 6:50 am

It's warmer here today, -19 C (-4 F), but still too cold for me to go out for a walk. It was between -30 to -40 all week so I'm hoping the cold snap will pass soon.

I had a quiet evening last night, jus****ched Netflix. We had company all day and will be having people over to dinner today, and another party tomorrow so I enjoyed the quiet time.

QOTD: I am super thankful for having surgery in 2017, and for losing 130 Lbs and gaining back my health and mobility. I am grateful for getting to shop in normal size stores now, and love wearing size 12 pants instead of my old size 24's. I'm a bit afraid that the year ending will signal the end to all of the positive changes but I think that's just anxiety and I'm sure 2018 will be great.

Accountabilty: I had two werther's candies and a bite of licorice.

Menu: 2 cups decaf with 1/4 cup premier protein in each.

Lunch: Pepperette, string cheese, clementine orange.

Supper: Prime Rib roast.

Snack: Strawberries.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Amy Liz
on 1/1/18 7:07 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Happy New Year! I was in bed at 9:01, so I did make it to east coast New Years! We woke to firecrackers at midnight and our Pom, Sunny was shaking so badly. I had to snuggle him so tight poor little guy. He didn't leave my side for the rest of the night. Today we are putting away all the Christmas decorations. The house always looks so naked afterwards! Shopping and getting ready for the week are on tap as well.

QOTD -I am most grateful for my family. I miss my mom, but I am so grateful for her love and wisdom. My dad although in decline, is still my hero. My son will be shipping off to boot camp in a few weeks, I am so proud of him. I'm getting married in 2 months to an amazing man and feel so lucky to have him in my life. I am grateful for my health and will continue on my path to goal, maintenance and an active lifestyle! OH has been a huge part of my success. I've learned so much! I don't know where I'd be without all the excellent advise, but I can only imagine it wouldn't be good. Thank you all for being here

Accountability - good - light eating day as I didn't feel well.

13 mo post op -165 still (had expected a drop, but I feel bloated)

b-coffee w/hc, eggs

l-Italian sausage

d-BBQ chicken

v/l - on track

Happy New Year and have a wonderful day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

peachpie
on 1/1/18 7:51 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning RNY'ers!! Happy New Year!! I was awake at midnight. An odd beeping noise had my sons and I concerned for a bit- we are in a row home and thought it was a neighbors smoke detector, but the cycle of beeps wasn't like a typical smoke detector. It stopped eventually.

We used the fancy glasses and toasted the new year while the ball dropped. We used sparkling grape juice, which I couldn't drink. I tried- but it's been so long since I've had regular juice/soda etc that it tasted like a bubbly syrup to me.

On New Year's Day I like making a few small picks for lunch. PF Chang's frozen meals were on sale so I'll make two of those, and we have leftover lasagna too. I like today to be a grazing day for the family. I've been to the gym and had breakfast- it's a small pouch day.

QOTD: grateful for my health, hands down. Working in HR I see a lot of FMLA forms. Seeing all of the chronic conditions people are afflicted with is what led me to take my own health seriously. And reality is most of the conditions are connected to weight/lifestyle. I do not want that to be my story.

207 today, 2.8 Years out

m1: 1 egg,

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

catwoman7
on 1/1/18 8:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Happy New Year!

We went to the movies last night and I had way too much popcorn. Really felt it all night long and this morning - UGH. Next time, if DH insists on it, I'll insist he get a SMALL.

So I will need to take it easy today. Unfortunately, we'll be at our usual New Year's Day potluck brunch at our friend's house. There will be lots of stuff there. I'm taking vegetarian chili as my contribution, so that'll be my brunch/lunch. I think I'll take a second protein shake with me, plus a few raw veggies and yogurt dip (for myself) so that I'll have safe stuff to eat so I won't be eating things like cookies or cheese & crackers (or whatever else is there) all afternoon. I can't afford to do that today.

QOTD: I'm thankful for DH, *****ally is my family since my own family isn't terribly close. Also my surgery and all of you on this menu board - both of which have given me my health and life back. I absolutely could not have done it without surgery and the support I get on this board. I'm grateful that I moved here (even though it's 10 DEGREES BELOW ZERO RIGHT NOW - WHY DID I HAVE TO PICK SUCH A FREAKING COLD PLACE???) because it's the perfect size city and has lots and lots of things to do (mostly because we have a major university in town) that are right up my alley. I rarely get the itch to leave - and when I do, Chicago is not all that far away. I'm also grateful that yoga has gone from a once-a-week affair to a huge part of my life. And I'm grateful that we were able to save enough money over the years that, although certainly not rich, we don't really worry much about finances (which was a relief when DH was out of full-time work for 15 months, and now with my upcoming retirement). I'm grateful for so many other things, too. I'm glad we had this as the QOTD this morning. Yesterday I kept thinking about how stressful 2017 was, but I really do have a pretty good life.

2 years 6 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1 T tahini and 1 T raspberry preserves mixed in

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax chocolate latte shake

L: 1 C vegetarian chili with sour cream or cheese

AS: I'm thinking another protein shake and raw veggies with Greek yogurt dip

D: cauliflower cheese soup (??)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mandi87
on 1/1/18 12:40 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

Happy new year!!! Finally a fresh start! 2017 was a rough one for me, lots of bad news and depression and anxiety as well as huge personal changes in my own life. 2018 will be a year that I plan to kick butt and live life to the fullest :)

qotd: as always, I am ever grateful for my OH family, my wonderful husband and family, my recently acquired healthier body and lifestyle, my new job where I'm constantly surrounded by loving support and positive attitudes... I could go on and on. When I sit down and think about it all, I realize how blessed I am. It really puts things into perspective.

Meal plan for the day.. Not going to lie and put a "pretend menu" on here. Today I am going to give myself a break and allow myself to be a bit of a bariatric glutton. While I am going to make the best naughty choices possible, I am still going to be naughty. Tomorrow I will hit it hard though. Going to start this year off CAMAW style and get back into the swing of things. Starting fresh and going back to the basics!

v: patches, oral D3 and Iron

e: just finished cleanin up the backyard, going to take the 4-legged babies for a long walk, then I plan to do at least one mile on the treadmill.

Happiest New Year to you all. I wish you all nothing but the best and hope that 2018 treats you well

Librarian67
on 1/1/18 12:58 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

How did you do at the party? Wishing you all the best on your CAMAW.

Mandi87
on 1/1/18 7:26 pm
RNY on 12/08/16

I did ok. Not awesome but not awful. They had cookies and loaf cakes etc and I was able to avoid those completely. I did eat some of the charcuterie board snacks (salami, cheese, a few really thin waffer/crackers and Greek olives).. The big struggle for me was the pomegranate punch. I have social anxiety so I ended up having a couple glasses of punch so I could break out of my shell and be a little less awkward haha. Now it's time to be one of those New Years resolutioners and say "I'm going to be better about everything and get healthy and keep getting my weight off." My depression reeeeally set me back :( BUT I really want to get down to goal of 125! Hopefully that is a realistic goal. Fingers crossed

Au_Contraire
on 1/1/18 4:01 pm

I know its very late to join the menu thread today, but I wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! May you all be blessed with good health, loving and kind family and friends, a strong sense of purpose, and prosperity! May 2018 bring you joy!

I am so grateful for my son, who I love to the moon and back; for my adorable favorite (and only) nephew, for my passionate, incredibly smart, mindblowingly skilled brother, for my current-and-ex-sisters-in-law, for my wonderful friends, for my beautiful kitties, and for my amazing mom and dad and all of my other ancestors, and my in-laws, all now in Spirit-land. And I am grateful for the gifts I've been given, and hope to use them wisely. I'm grateful for my strong constitution and good health.

I'm so grateful I had this surgery and that as of today, 6.5 months out, I am down 109.8 pounds! So fabulous! I am so fortunate to have had a truly superior surgeon.

Finally, I am sincerely grateful to every one of you, my RnY friends, for sharing so much of yourselves. You have helped me so much, and I am very appreciative.

First: tea with cashew milk and yummy SF salted caramel syrup; Vanilla protein drink

B: Ham with cheddar (ham on New Year's Day ensures a prosperous year!)

L: beef with broccoli

D: more ham, refried beans, SF BBQ sauce

Happy 2018 to everyone!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views