What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?So

Kathy1212
on 2/4/18 9:57 am, edited 2/4/18 2:25 am

Hi friends,

It's sunny and bright and looks like a winter wonderland out there but it's too cold for my asthma at -20 c (-4 F) so I'll be hitting the exercise bike again today. I'm so not looking forward to that as I rode it yesterday and the day before and my butt hurts like crazy.

QOTD: I just bring in size 12 or mediums, but am hoping to get into a size 10 pants eventually. I need to lose about 5 more Lbs before they'll fit comfortably.

Accountability: Awful! I had 2 days of super low carb, low cal eating followed by yesterday where I wanted to eat anything in sight. It wasn't just head hunger either. I kept my carbs in check but ate way more protein and calories than I should have.

Menu

Breakfast: 2 cups decaf with 1/4 cup premier protein in each, Plain Greek yogurt, strawberries, bran buds.

Lunch: 1 egg omelette with cheese and hot pepper, 1 slice bacon

Supper: bacon cheeseburger without the bun, home made.

*Edit: Supper is now pork back ribs, lol.

Snack: cheese string, pickles (3 baby dill)

Evening drink: Chocolate chai herbal tea with 1/4 cup premier protein.

Totals: 825 cal, 32 grams carbs, 43 grams fat, 9 grams fibre, 80 grams protein.

Edit, totals are now: 787 cals, 29 carbs, 46 fat, 9 fibre, 67 protein.

Ex: 40 min. stationary bike

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

pc123
on 2/4/18 10:00 am
RNY on 12/19/17

Hello to all. I'm new to the forums and 7 weeks post surgery. It was our 7th anniversary this week so we stayed at a B&B. Owners were great and fixed breakfast to meet my needs. Egg, fruit and small slice bacon. Husband had full breakfast. We went to live auction and purchased a stained glass window.

Just purchased new slacks another size down. My others were sliding off my rear. Nice feeling!

Today is planning for classes tomorrow. I have a little laundry and light cleaning to do today.

Menu today: B- egg beater, oatmeal flax and chia

L- grilled pork chop, sf applesauce, carrots

D-Mediterranean chicken with salad greens and avocado. Light dressing

S- sf pudding

That sounds like a lot but serving sizes are pretty small. The pork chop is second meal from same chop yesterday. My husband laughed the first time I had "salad" it was a romaine leaf and a spinach leaf with a Tbsp of shredded carrot and one cucumber slice. I dipped my spoon in my husbands dressing cup and was done.

catwoman7
on 2/4/18 11:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

welcome to the menu thread!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 2/4/18 12:11 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Welcome and congrats on your success!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/18 1:51 pm

Yes ! Welcome to the losers bench !

At least you're Trying to eat salad lol!

I too make a plate and end up refrigerating most of it ( and often eventually sadly throwing it away) .

One day I hope I'll be like an Asian - just cooking barely enough fresh food for that one meal. I just need to keep in mind - if it's not enough snacks are always available lol .

yvonnef1964
on 2/4/18 10:12 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Got back from church and finishing my housework. Having a friend over for dinner.

Accountability had popcorn and several spoonful of peanut butter

Qotd usually a 12 or large fits.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D bacon wrapped chicken roast and honey glazed carrots.

Have a good day

Au_Contraire
on 2/4/18 10:25 am

Hi all, happy Sunday!

QOTD: I have no idea whatsoever what size I am in any item of clothing except for shoes! Those, as always, are a size 8 medium. I have closets of clothes ranging from a few very old-school size 6's (today's size 2? I'm guessing) through a few size 12's and 14's. I have bought very little since surgery, and am just trying to hold out for as long as possible since I have so many smaller clothes already. But my old pre-surgery clothes are so big on me now they're starting to look not just roomy, but actually bad. I actually did buy a few tops and a dress at swap.com but got them in size small, pretty foolish, since I am far from a small still. I have to get over the size vanity in my own head, it is not helpful. Meanwhile, my old skirts are so big they will, unless I'm careful, slide right down and off of me one of these days! I guess I have to bite the bullet and go to the store. I did try on the largest skirt in my closet full of smaller things yesterday and it did fit - it will look better in another few pounds, but it is wearable, so that was good.

First: tea with cashew milk, protein drink

B: Turkey, cheddar

L: BBQ pulled chicken

D: Turkey again, with green beans

Wishing everyone happiness today!

Librarian67
on 2/4/18 12:14 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats on your success! It really is hard to keep up with the changing sizes at some points. Swap.com is great for some interim clothes. I did alot of thrifting while my size was changing regularly.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/18 1:58 pm, edited 2/4/18 5:58 am

Never did get out of the house ( or yet out of the fluffy union suit pajamas . It?s getting dark and I have a leftover clove studded Krakus ham basting apricot- glazed in the oven and am snacking on fresh spinach Indian spiced rice and chickpeas and chicken breast bits all made with my favorite fat free freeze dried ingredient Butter Buds :)

all kidding aside I know I can eat lots of extra bites ( and a ridiculous amount of calories if calorie charts can be believed) when I cook almost fat free without wearing the evidence.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views