Stricture without vomiting?

MsKitty12345
on 3/12/18 12:23 pm
RNY on 12/05/16

I am 15 months post RNY. A week ago a piece of steak got stuck for about 6 hours, despite papaya enzyme. Fast forward to yesterday, food stuck again. I finally got it to go down, but today I have tremendous pressure in my pouch and difficulty getting even water down. Guts are very loud digesting, just like right after surgery. Lots and lots of burping. Going in tomorrow to meet with my doctor, but I haven't had any vomiting. I cannot vomit since the surgery. Can I have a stricture without vomiting? Does this just sound like tons of inflammation?

MsKitty...

MeerKat1994
on 3/13/18 3:17 am, edited 3/12/18 8:19 pm
RNY on 05/09/17

Are you chewing really really well? Steak is tough, even when it's tender. My guess is you just took too big or too fast of a bite.

Usually a tell tale sign of a stricture is having difficulty swallowing puréed and even liqued foods. I couldn't even keep water down at one point. I also just felt altogether miserable-you know, that general "something's not right" feeling. I was also super nauseous.

Do you feel like it's coming back up, even though you're not vomiting? Do you feel like you need to vomit, but just can't?

Edit to Add: I'm speaking mostly from personal experience. I had 3 strictures and this is how all 3 felt. But it may be very different for you!

catwoman7
on 3/13/18 5:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had two strictures. My experience was similar; however, I was told strictures almost always happen within the first three months post-surgery. But maybe yours is a rare case. Keep us posted - I'd be curious to know what it is.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

MsKitty12345
on 3/16/18 4:46 pm
RNY on 12/05/16

Doc said if I had a stricture I would be overflowing my pouch and vomiting. He thinks it's inflammation from that stupid piece of steak. He told me that he wants me on soft food for two weeks. Who knows. I still have pressure but he's out of town next week- if it doesn't resolve by the middle of next week I'm going to call and request a scope.

MsKitty...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?