Not losing losing during pre-op?

Awron476
on 7/1/18 6:00 pm

Hello everyone! I started my journey in February and have been going for monthly appointments preoperative. This month is my last month but I haven't lost or meet my goal weight. ? The first month after my first visit we cut my calorie intake to 1700. In that month I lost 10 pounds with controlled eating and exercise. However, throughout the remainder of the preop process is gained that waived back and I'm constantly fluctuating. They told me my goal weight during month 4 and it's 302lb. I have my six month appointment tomorrow and I'll most likely weighing at 323. ?? I'm unsure what will occur because of this? Will I have to keep going to visits until I reach the goal weight? I've been trying very hard and have since been prescribed met forming to assist with PCOS battling against me. I'm just so nervous that I'll never be able to actually get scheduled for surgery. Any advice or tips?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/1/18 7:44 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I can't tell you if you center or insurance will approve you for surgery, as I can't know what their requirements are. I can tell you that your experience is rather typical, however.

I didn't really do what I needed to do in the 9 months of documentation I had to complete to be approved for surgery. I didn't really lose until I was put on the liquid pre-op diet the month before my surgery.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/18 11:44 pm
Partlypollyanna
on 7/2/18 3:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Track everything and be completely honest! There are great tools that make it easier (in my 6 month pee surgery, I had to track everything ON PAPER, their very specific, very annoying form. I was so excited to switch to an app! The daily menu threads are amazing -- maybe some of the menus the long term successful people are on now can help you during this pre op period?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

ScaleSkater
on 7/2/18 6:34 am

My center is pretty strict. They don't approve people unless they are 95% to the required goal set during the supervised weight loss phase. Where are you eating your off plan food? Can you make the changes you need to demonstrate your future compliance to the surgery requirements? Remember - there's a reason they do this step. Sorry to get tough, but it's time to decide if you want to do this! Do you need to start the therapy ahead of the surgery? Some do. You have to deal with the causes of your addiction - the surgery is no cure (only a tool). Good luck!

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views