PatchMD patches still working

nebrasfield
on 9/2/18 9:06 am - North Little Rock, AR

I have been horrible with my vitamins. I either forget to take them or they make me sick. So now I decided to try PatchMD dermal patches. I got the multi plus, B12, Iron and calcium. I have only used the multi plus and b12 the last 3 days. Today I added the Iron since I have an iron deficiency too. I figure since I haven't been taking ANY supplements any help I can get this way is only an improvement whether placebo or trace amounts. I plan to let the patches work and go for Bariatric specific labs in 3 months. ANYONE ELSE USE THEM?

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

selhard
on 9/2/18 9:56 am, edited 9/2/18 3:13 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Re remembering to take supplements, I place them in visible spots to help make them daily routine. TIP: Calcium doses are to be split up during the day. Sometimes, I skip a dose when taking calcium is in pill form. When in a chewy, caramel flavor form made by the brand name Bariatric Advantage---I rarely miss a single dose. I have asked professional opinions from a couple different medical staff at a Center for Weight Management regarding patches. They might have had a discussion about patches because the answer has consistently been the same, "at this time, we don't advise the use of patches due to lack of medical research." I purchased the iron patches for my iron-deficient DD but have discontinued doing so because PatchMD has provided below-average customer service such as wrong inventory, not sending replacement inventory, and no response to phone calls or emails. Fairly recent, www.unjury.comm is offering a new iron supplement option. I find their products superior and customer service above-average. If you type the word PatchMD in the search bar, you will read quite a few favorable responses.

Daisydoo02
on 9/2/18 12:35 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I have been using the PatchMD patched for about 3.5 years now. I LOVE them.
I use:

1. Multi
  2. Iron
  3. Vitamin D & Calcium

I take oral B12 sublingual daily

I get blood work done every three months so I can stay on top of any deficiencies if they come up and so far my blood work has been excellent!

For the record both my Centre and my PCP are not happy that I use the patches, they feel I should be using traditional oral vitamins. I don't care what they *think*, this is my body and my choice what I put in or put on my body and my blood work is proof that the patches are working for me so I am going to continue to use them.

Best of luck, hope you get good lab results back as well.

p.s I rotate where I put my patches on. So I start with my right hip, then left hip, then lower belly area beneath my underwear band, then right collarbone, left collarbone and then I go back to right hip etc. I had one of the Vets tell me to do this so that the patches can absorb in different places and continue to work.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views