What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Amy Liz
on 10/13/18 12:07 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Im still getting used to sizing too! I was a solid 10 for a long while but I'm about an 8 now. You seem so petite boned and tall, you may have trouble finding small enough clothes! They do have some xxs some places. In my plus size past I had to buy a size larger in swimwear because (miraclesuit) they were like tight spanx and hard to get on! This suit wasn't like that but how did I know? I want compression and support and that suit no longer provides either. I didn't swim today because it's too loose and made me feel kinda naked if that makes sense. So, this morning I went online and bought some separates instead. I even found longer shorts and Capri length bottoms along with some really cute colorful and supportive tankini tops. I pray they are the godsend I'm hoping for!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Au_Contraire
on 10/13/18 3:21 pm

I hope that your new separates will fit perfectly and look fabulous!

Partlypollyanna
on 10/13/18 3:23 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I am a huge fan of the swim capris! Once I found those my "I must hide from the sun because it burns, it burns" became so much easier! And they are just comfortable!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 10/13/18 3:41 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I'd never seen them before! I'm excited and can't wait to get them!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Writergurl08
on 10/13/18 8:02 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I also slept in and I feel great!

qotd: we went to the nearby Applejack festival a couple of weeks ago, picked some apples (I didn't get many because apples make my stomach hurt), and I got a pumpkin to carve, but I feel like we had one week of fall, and then it just turned cold and dreary! I've been very un-motivated to do anything outside, but I need to clean up the garden. We had some sun Thursday and I went on a long walk in the neighborhood. Tomorrow we are expecting snow/rain mix. Ugh.

day 4 AMAW, and my stall has broken! I hope the scale moves more before the challenge week is out. Really made me realize that I need to refocus, and I've been allowing more bites and tastes than I should, and I've been getting lax about measuring things with higher calorie contents, like cream in my coffee and cheese. I'm actually wondering if cutting out dairy helped my calorie numbers more than anything, since my carbs were already low.

Breakfast: 4 oz ham. Coffee to follow after the gym

lunch: 4 oz chicken breast with ranch seasoning.

snack if I need one: chicken apple bourbon sausage

dinner: chicken thigh

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Au_Contraire
on 10/13/18 11:59 am

Cassie, I'm delighted that your stall has broken! I too am surprised to realize just how much of my daily calories allotment was given over to cheese! I mean I knew it, because I weigh and track it all, but I feel perfectly fine without it all, and am not longing for it like I thought I would. Anyway, congratulations on your movement down the scale! Have a fabulous Day 4!

Writergurl08
on 10/13/18 12:43 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I generally measure everything, since I take my meals to work every day, so I portion out my food ahead of time. While my choices lately haven't been bad necessarily (I avoid breads, rice, pasta, a nd sweets), I think I've been dishonest with myself about how many sneaky bites and "samples" of things I was eating without tracking them. And an extra slice of cheese or adding cream to my coffee without measuring here and there can add up!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Au_Contraire
on 10/13/18 3:09 pm

They can add up to a point that we stall - or gain! It's wonderful that we can re-set and get back on track!

yvonnef1964
on 10/13/18 8:06 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Sorry to hear about your cat. It is hard to put them down.

Its a sunny but cold day here in Michigan. I instant message my friend about the kitties but haven't heard back yet. Going to a chili cook off party at my brothers house tonight. Also need to do some housework.

Qotd only thing I got planned is my brothers chili cook off party that he has every year in October.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D chili and pulled pork. Probably have some dessert sometime in the evening.

Have a good day

Au_Contraire
on 10/13/18 10:55 am, edited 10/13/18 5:04 am

Hello RnY friends! Happy Saturday!

Thank you Janet for launching us today!

So sorry to hear about Holmes, poor little guy! Hang in there, these decisions are so horrible. You have been having more than your share lately of difficult situations. I hope you know we all love you here and send our best thoughts and our prayers for you, your DW, and llittle Holmes.

I went to dinner last night at someone's house and though I tried to stick to strict AMAW like glue, I couldn't quite pull it off. I ended up having some (not fried) calamari, a very little bit of salad, some amazing halibut, and a bite of king salmon. I avoided having wine, though I took a glass because I didn't want to explain that I'm avoiding alcohol - and I declined dessert (cake), claiming quite truthfully that I had reached critical mass as far as being full was concerned. The couple we visited were very nice and also very interesting people, and the play afterwards was excellent and intense.

ANyway, since I had some salad last night, I decided I will extend doing AMAW for an additional 3 days, so I'll have a full week in ****il next Friday). But I will report on Tuesday about how much I lost for our current week anyway!

Today I get to see my son and DIL! We are going to dinner, but I have no worries about sticking to AMAW, since they know my peculiarities and I don't need to cover the reason for my choices. Steak is on the menu!

It's a gorgeous day in the PNW: cool and breezy, bright blue sky, colorful leaves, honking Canadian geese, and abundant sunshine! LOVE!!

QOTD: I love carving pumpkins, and this week will buy a couple and go to town! When I lived in CA it was too hot to carve them early in the month - they'd be collapsed slime and pumpkin goo by Halloween if I did! But up here in the PNW I can do that, yay!

First: three huge mugs of tea!

B: salmon

L: ham

D: salmon

S: tuna packet

Have a beautiful day, my friends!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 144 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views