What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Greateight
on 10/14/18 8:08 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning. I went on VRBO and reserved a house in Florida for Spring Break week. Its only October and already I am thinking about the warm weather again. My youngest is a freshman in high school so we will be tethered to the school calendar (and the overpriced Spring Break airfare) for a few more years. Looking forward to the time when we can travel to escape the February cold. My middle son went to an information session for college yesterday. Its hard to believe he is getting to that age.

QOTD: Being able to wear gym clothes to the gym. Its so much easier than packing everything into the gym bag, getting changed and then getting changed again to go back home.

Breakfast: egg and Bacon

snack: Greek yogurt

Lunch: Tuna creations

Snack: Cottage cheese

Dinner: Chili

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Writergurl08
on 10/14/18 8:33 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I usually go to the gym right after work, so I have to change clothes anyway. But generally, since I'm just going home when I'm done, I just leave in my gym clothes and shower at home. So I too, will miss being able to walk out of the gym without changing back--only to go home and likely shower and put on my pajamas or "house clothes." Winter is so cumbersome!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

LuckyLoser
on 10/14/18 9:15 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hi:

I went shopping for some "play" clothes this weekend. I finally crossed over totally from the Plus Size Department (the department they usually hide in the store) to the Ladies Department. And it's only about 7 weeks post-op!! Hooray!! I'm certainly not in single digit jeans, but I'll take a size 16 jeans and XXL top over plus sizes anyday!

QOTD: It's already started . . . going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. My office has a large window, but there hasn't been much sun during the day.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

I'm tired of writing the same things everyday. I can't tolerate very much . . . How boring is that!

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Au_Contraire
on 10/14/18 1:13 pm

Not being in Plus Size clothing any longer is a huge win! Congratulations!

peachpie
on 10/14/18 10:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Afternoon everyone! This mornings run was tough. I was on a new route, that I realized part of it was circle I'd been around at least three times. It wore me out and my pace sucked. Eh, I got it done. Then I did what I hope is the LAST of yard work for the season, and grocery shopped. I drank a cup of hot cocoa and am regretting it because my tummy doesn't like warm, sweet beverages.

Qotd: saddest part of the season is it getting darker earlier. I love the long days of summer- dark and cold is just to depressing.

So just shy of a month ago I had my iud removed. I really wanted to experience life without additional hormones (and hubby did the big V, so I don't need it). Part of me wondered if the iud was keep some extra weight on me. So while I have actively been working at it by reducing carbs, I'm down 7#'s. I don't think it's a total coincidence, but either way I'm thrilled.

209 today, 3.6 years out

m1: when McMuffin -1/2 the 'muffin'

m2: turkey burger and Greek yogurt

m3: ?? I'm making a lot for the kids (ziti and Mac and cheese), not sure what I'll feel like cooking by the time that's done.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Au_Contraire
on 10/14/18 1:12 pm

I'm so happy for you, Shauna! Down 7# is amazing! Go you!!!

yvonnef1964
on 10/14/18 10:59 am
VSG on 08/11/14

I posted on the other one but I'll answer the Qotd on this one.

Qotd Short days of daylight , no sunshine and cold

Heres my kitty

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/14/18 1:02 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So cute!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 10/14/18 1:14 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

So cute!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 10/14/18 1:10 pm

First, I'm so happy that you are killing it on AMAW, Cassie! I love that we have this awesome tool in our arsenal!

This morning I weighed in at 148.4! I am officially now below my first goal of being under 150! When I first met with my surgeon, he told me that he could get me to 200 pounds. I demurred, saying that I wanted to be under 150. He said "then you're going to have to do everything right" - and miracle of miracles, here I am! I'm still going to drop a bit to my second goal of being 142, or possibly 140. Probably 142. I'm really just stabbing at those numbers based upon how I felt when I weighed that in the past, and how easy it was for me to maintain that weight. And beyond that I would like to lose a bit just to give myself some wiggle room for transition, etc. But I am under freakin' 150# and at my first goal! Yay!

I went out with my son and daughter-in-law to dinner yesterday and it was amazing! I love love love the restaurant, but best of all was having that time with them. I love being close enough to see them often - it was really hard when they lived 3000 miles away! Something else great: my DIL was entirely unsure of what to make of me when we first met, and I felt for quite some time that she didn't actually care for me very much. I put that down to troubles she had had with her own mom, growing up, but it still made me sad, because I wanted to love her, and to have a happy and good relationship with her. I didn't voice much of this to my son because I didn't want to sound like I was being critical and complaining about his girlfriend, then his wife! I didn't say much at all until he came down to be with me during my RnY, when, completely full of drugs in the hospital, I piped up about all of this. He told me he would talk to her and he did - I saw a difference. And it's kept on improving until honestly last night the vibration between us was just as kind and sweet and fun as I could possibly have wanted! I am so so glad.

I realized when I got home last night that my relationship with food really has changed - my appetite has changed. I don't just mean that I am not eating everything in sight or that I have a much smaller capacity for food, but my fundamental relationship with it has changed: I am just not that into it any more. I don't crave it or spend time embroidering how delicious something will be in my head. And when I have it, even when it is delicious, I easily detach and move on. It really has become more fuel than treasure. This is a real difference from how it was before.

I'm working on orders today and later have volunteered at a political event which will take around 2 hours. This evening I'm just chilling!

QOTD: I honestly don't feel winter is sad. I see all of the changes in the seasons as being kind of miraculous. I love the crystalline sparkle of winter, I love the cold and am so looking forward to seeing snow again! The tallest mountains here are snow capped always, but all of them will be snow capped in a while. I can't wait until it actually snows at sea level! I love the clothes I can wear in cold weather - tights, boots, sweaters, the works. My favorite season is still fall, though. Now, during really heavy winters, those which seem to drag on forever, with a leaden sky about 2 feet over your head for months, and storm after wild storm stranding you in your house, well, I admit that gets old after a while! And if you're in the city, the beauty of a snowstorm turns into a dirty mess in record time. But I still love it all. I am so happy to be in an area which actually has distinct seasons once again!

First: Three 19-ounce mugs of tea!

B: Salmon

L: Leftover delicious steak!

D: More salmon

S: More of the above, either salmon or steak!

Have a fantastic Sunday, my friends! And for those doing AMAW/CAMAW, stay strong and focused! We're almost done!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 64 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 308 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 64 replies · 327 views