What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/11/24 2:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! After I played all my lay-in-bed word games this morning, I found myself googling a girl I went to camp with in the 5th grade. I have no idea how her name popped into my head but it did, and I found myself down a rabbit hole, lol. Turns out she went on to become an Olympic sprinter. Who knew? Anyway, that was an extra hour in bed and now I am late. Why am I like this?

Today should be an interesting day. I am on a search committee for a high-profile Piano Department faculty member and as part of their final interviews they have to perform. So I get free piano concerts today and Thursday. I'm way too busy to have time for 2 days of interviews this week but on the other hand, I could use a brain break.

QOTD: Make your perfect sandwich today.

I'll take a 2B8H today, please!

Accountability: Food was perfect, including out at dinner. But my steps were pathetic. I was tied to my computer all day and only got out for a quick walk around the block at noon. 3800 steps :(

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • leftover steak salad
  • grapes, cheese & nuts
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/11/24 3:24 am - Amarillo, TX

mornin y'all!

yesterday was decent enough. Stayed home most of the day. Got a wallet chain finished for a client. Should send it out today or tomorrow. Got 16 inches of a certain weave done in 20awg wire. Eek the small stuff is popular this season according to my boss. I've already got about 8 inches done this morning. Taking a break to see if I can get a few more mins of sleep. It's going to be a long day as I'm working on little sleep.

today we have to run and get a few groceries. I've been craving ice like crazy so I'll get some more of that and my mom needs bread. I need to come up with the list of bloodwork needed for bariatric check up. My surgeon doesn't seem to be interested in seeing me anymore. I left a few messages and they never called back so that's a little disappointing. I really thought a lot of him until that. Oh well, my pcp will be able to order what I need. If anyone has a list of what's needed or if you know where the list is could you let me know? Thanks!

QOTD: 4AB5H

B: eggs, cheese turkey sausage and dill ranch dressing(1tbs). Coffee x 2

L: boneless chicken pieces and ???

D: hamburger with no bun, maybe a few French fries.

pics are of the wallet chain, the park a half a mile away...we got about an inch of rain in 1 hour or so...it overflowed the banks of the pond there.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 6/11/24 4:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

There seems to be a lot of variability in how long people see their surgeons post op. I saw mine through the first year and after that it was "come back if you have a problem or concern". If I still lived where I had surgery, I would probably still see the bariatric RN and RD in the practice because they were great. If you google ASMBS you should be able to find a good list of what you want to ask your PCP for; I've only seen my PCP for the last 5 years and she just reorders what I gave her the first time.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 6/11/24 6:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

when I had my surgery they said patients could come back forever, but as of last year, people who were at least five years out and had no issues were pushed off on to their PCPs. I guess the clinic has way too many patients now to see everyone for life. Although that's fine. They provided the PCPs with a list of what they needed to check for as far as bloodwork goes, so I should be all set. Plus my PCP will talk to me about WLS-related issues as part of my annual exam from here on out, so that'll be one less co-pay I have to pay, too.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 6/11/24 3:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. Long day on my feet yesterday. I much prefer moving to mostly just standing. Walking is less painful. But I finally got a full day in the shop. More of the same today, I think.

QOTD: I'll have a 1ABAB1 please!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/11/24 4:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

How fun that you get to have your job be listening to piano concerts! You're not to busy for that, you are doing your job!

4D6G for me

I think I must have been fighting something off yesterday, I actually went back to sleep from 530 am to 630 and then got started at work; even though my Fitbit said I needed a rest day and I wasn't feeling it, I jumped on the elliptical but 10 minute ruled myself. Usually when I don't want to work out, once I hit 10 minutes I'll keep going, but yesterday nope and that's fine. I got a lot of sleep, close to 7 hours last night but I'm still tired. Other than a workout this afternoon, all that is on my calendar is work so maybe I can get an early to bed evening in. Maybe I will try to take a lunch a workout then instead or go for a walk before work.

accountability - we had house made ricotta plus delicious beets but everyone ended up getting a meal instead of charcuterie. I had a burger and it was delicious and 3 of the fingering parmesan with slight truffle potatoes. I usually don't love truffle because it's always over done but these were perfect and I was happy that my friend took the left overs home.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

skyr

cheese sticks and meat stick

birria on zero carb street taco tortillas

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 6/11/24 5:38 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you feel better today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 6/11/24 5:21 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

New day, new eyes. Everyday starts fresh and I try to focus on that when I'm having a bad day. This too shall pass. Just for today. Easy goes it. Let go. One foot in front of the other.

QOTD- In a far off universe in Effingham, Illinois...Yes, is this Subway? I'll have a footlong Cali fresh turkey in a spinach wrap. I love sodium and heard there's over 4000mg in this sandwich & only 1600 calories. Sign me up.

B: Yogurt.

L: baked chicken wings

D: bratwurst and onions.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

Grim_Traveller
on 6/11/24 9:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

We were out for dinner with my niece last night. We've only eaten with her a couple of times. She ordered a steak, as did I. And she was just as generous with the salt. Usually, people start staring, and often try to knock the salt out of my hand. I was happy to see my niece pouring it on. I'm thinking there must be a salt gene.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Ymaliz
on 6/11/24 10:41 am, edited 6/11/24 3:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

SAME - My mom + me. She said we had a salt fang, not a sweet tooth.

ETA; just not in my water!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Recent Topics
Compassion, Self Unnerstannin
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 15 views
Its Caturday!! :)
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 32 views
Happy Friday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 58 views
What's on your (photo) Friday menu?
Ymaliz · 46 replies · 372 views