What's on your Saturday Menu RNY'ers?

peachpie
on 10/27/18 3:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi everyone! I figured I should come out of hiding and enjoy the company of my pouch peeps. The week has just been crazy busy for me. But life has a way of slowing you down cause I came down with a wicked cold and left work sick yesterday. I'm not going to run today, it's a cold windy rain and I'm not trying to catch pneumonia.

I only need to grocery shop today- I have zero food options currently. And work on a project with my son (did I mention how over school I am??)

qotd: What meds (or homeopathic options) do you swear by to help you feel well when your sick? I generally only ever take Tylenol cause I don't like taking meds.

213 today 3.6 years out

m1: boiled egg and oatmeal

m2: ??

m3: bourbon chicken chunks

m4: beef stew

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/18 4:34 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! Almost time to get out of work and get home. Looking forward to a shower and then hopefully getting some sleep.

QOTD: Sudaphed PE which is non drowsy. It helps my sinuses so much especially since I have so many issues this time of year.

Breakfast- 3 egg scramble with cheese and veggies

Lunch- pbnj sandwich with pork rinds

Dinner- Salad with tuna and shredded Gouda

Snacks- protein bar, roasted broad beans

Don't know if I will go to the gym. I went two work weekends in a row, but my sleep has been so bad that I may go back to taking Fri-Sun off. I will plan two variations of my menu. One that is lower calories if I am in a 1:1, and a menu with an added snack for if I am up and moving.

catwoman7
on 10/27/18 5:31 am, edited 10/26/18 10:31 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin':

off to a brunch meeting in a few minutes - I'm on the board so I have to be there early to help set up. Other than that, meeting up with a friend later on this afternoon. I'd sort of like to go to a hockey game tonight, but there's some huge Halloween event downtown, so parking will be a nightmare. So maybe a movie. BlacKKKlansman is at our second run theatre, and I've been wanting to see that.

QOTD: I almost never get sick, so I don't really have any particular things I take. I take Tylenol for headaches now (although I don't get them that often), but there's nothing else I really take regularly.

3 years 4 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with raspberries

MS: coffee with half & half

L (actually brunch): bacon and eggs, fruit cup

AS: Miralax/protein chocolate latte shake

D: either leftover steak salad or something with chicken breast

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 10/27/18 5:40 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Peach, I'm also fighting a nasty cold. I stayed home yesterday, and couldn't get back to sleep this morning after the kitties woke me up because I can't breathe. I took nyquill last night and it knocked me out but I can tell I breathed through my mouth all night. Gross. But my head doesn't feel as "swimmy" as it did yesterday.

qotd: for colds I like Alka Seltzer tablets, the citrus ones for cold and flu. They seem to really help. I take NyQuill only if I'm not working the next day. It lets me sleep, but I do get a bit of a hangover from it.

Yeaterday I drank plenty of hot tea, a protein shake, and had a bit of chicken breast and veggies for dinner, but that's it. Food just wasn't very appealing.

Today I'm going to try to get more protein in, at least. Here's my tentative menu:

breakfast: coffee with premier

lunch: 4 oz chicken breast with 1/4 C Alfredo sauce

dinner: turkey burger or tilapia

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Au_Contraire
on 10/27/18 10:18 am

I hope you feel better very soon!

peachpie
on 10/27/18 11:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Sorry your suffering too. I seem to never have problems sleeping, so the only relief I need is day time. Although I was up a zillion times last night to pee, seems like when I have a cold liquids run right through me.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Writergurl08
on 10/27/18 11:50 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I tend to keep myself up coughing or not being able to breathe. But if I knock myself out I blissfully snore with my mouth open :P I hate that too, but at least I'm rested lol

Kakesie
on 10/27/18 5:59 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Peach and Menu Family!

We went to see an Illusionist last night. He was really quite amazing and it was an awesome show!

Well, I broke down and joined the modern world and finally bought a cell phone! LOL.

QOTD: I swear by Zicam, (actually the Walmart generic equivalent), to banish a cold. I even take one each night and I never get a cold any more.

Accountability: Yesterday: Ugh, I overate. Protein - 118, Calories - 1,585, Carbs - 177.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, donut, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana

D: microwave meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

Partlypollyanna
on 10/27/18 6:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning Saturday menu people! I hope you have a fun day planned.

We have a Halloween party tonight so getting ready all day. I'm about to head into the nearest town for all the things we realized we forgot. It will be a fun day!

qotd - I used to take the alka seltzer drop in tabs but I think they have the bad stuff so haven't taken any since surgery. I have used Tylenol/Tylenol pm only.

menu - coffee and tea all day and then my ears are boring, except I have two flavors of L&F that I can't get at home which is always exciting!

b - 2 oz deli roast beef

l - 2 oz deli roast beef

s - L&F greek

d - 2 oz deli roast beef

s - L&F greek

551/76/25

i am out of my calcium chews - not sure if I miscounted or lost today's along my travels. I get home tomorrow so it will be fine.

have a spectacular Saturday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Writergurl08
on 10/27/18 6:55 am
RNY on 02/15/18

The alkaseltzer tabs just have Tylenol in them, no NSAIDs :) I checked because I swear by them for colds

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 145 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views